Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LBGE SuperBowl Setup

MaskedMarvel
MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
edited January 2012 in Root
Greetings friends,

My new Large has literally opened the doors of friendship, so much so that I've decided to host a medium sized SuperBowl party at my place this year.

My favourite is Texas Brisket.  I'm planning a good 10+ pounder to be ready to be resting in the cooler in time for 5+ beer can chickens and then 100+ bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos.  Timing shouldn't be too difficult, so long as I don't stall out the brisket too long.

Some options I considered - my North Carolina friends here would love a pork butt, I'm sure.  Can I do this at the same time as the brisket with a grill extender?  Also, I've never considered doing make your own brick oven pizzas before, but it would be something to think about for a more interactive jam that my friends might like.  If I do that, I'll probably dump the brisket and pork idea and just do a BYOToppings.  Can I have two pizza stones jamming at the same time with the grill extender?  The pizza idea isn't as attractive to me though...

Any seasoned advice would be appreciated - the whole reason I'm doing this is to show off the Egg, honestly.  Mwa-ha-hah..

Thanks for a great forum!
8-Damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments