Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Personalized Grid Lifter

Options
cayee
cayee Posts: 1
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hello fellow eggers,

It's been about 7-9 years since I bought a personalized grid lifter that had a nice wood handle with my husband's name on it.  Unfortunately, last year we had a garage fire and lost our two BGE's as well as this grid lifter.  I would love to get my hubby one again since he just purchased an XL.  Can anyone help?  All I see now are these weird grid lifter things, the one he had was just a wood handle with a long flat thing coming out of it that had two notches on the end.  If you can tell me who I could get one from or if no one makes those anymore I totally understand.  Thanks much!

Comments

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Sounds like the work of The Lawn Ranger (Mike).  As luck would have it he is doing a limited run of 100 gridlifters and I have two on order myself.  I'm not sure if his quota has been filled, but go over to greeneggers.com and ping Lawn Ranger to find out.

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • cayee
    cayee Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks!  I will do that!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited January 2012
    Options

Contact Mike at: gridlifter@yahoo.com   These are outstanding. My most used item next to the egg.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• chrisnjenn
    Options
    I can't wait to get my limited edition from Mike.  He was working on mine a few days ago.  I can't wait.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Here is mine.  And Mickey is correct...one of the most used item for the egg....too pretty to get dirty..wipe after every use

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • tfoutch
    tfoutch Posts: 76
    Options
    Can you handle the CI grate with this?
    TFOUTCH Algood, Tennessee
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I'd like to see a pic of it in use ...
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Me too.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    hmmm.. I went with what I had... I took one of those gardening hand shovels and put a 90 degree bend on the pointed end - works GRATE!.. (CI and Porcelain).
  • Mickey
    Options
    Can you handle the CI grate with this?

LawnRanger (maker) said not made to do that.

I do it on the large and small, works fine. That is when I was still using the CI's on both. Now I use the SS.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    edited January 2012
    Options

Have never taken a pic using it but here is an old one with it pushed way in the grill. You do not push it that far in. Just an inch or so. But you can get the idea if that is what you are wanting to see. (click pic to enlarge)

• Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Options
    It's just that I noticed the 2 notches in the end and the groove above that. Thought perhaps that had something to do with the lifting.
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Mickey
    Options
    It's just that I noticed the 2 notches in the end and the groove above that. Thought perhaps that had something to do with the lifting.
    Nope, just to clean the grill with.

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

What am I missing? Why can't I use wire brush? Are you trying to reach a grid below a grid?

And why is it called a "lifter"

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Mickey
    edited January 2012
    Options

The cleaning is just a add on to the flat surface with two cuts the space of 2 wires on your grill.

It is not make for cleaning your grill, just to do some lite housekeeping if needed. It is made to lift your grill off your egg. To get to the lump, or to add an adj rig, to change heights, etc. It is to move a very hot grill around.  Please look at (click to make bigger) the picture above with the mini and the lifter sticking in the grill.

• talltrevor
    Options
    I just put an e-mail into Mike, hopefully he can make me one as I hate using my ash tool to remove my CI grid (found out the hard way the BGE lifters are not really robust enough to handle the CI grill).

Now....to find the thread with those fantastic personalized BGE handles.

I love my egg.
  • Mickey
    edited January 2012
    Options

What am I missing? Why can't I use wire brush? Are you trying to reach a grid below a grid?

And why is it called a "lifter"

A little better pic of lifting.Tough to do a pic of yourself lifting. Just had a full load of 6 chicken legs on the  mini. Click on pic to make bigger.