Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs make trip to the West Virginia High Country

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
5 days camping last weekend in West By God Virginia. Amazingly therapeutic, and we got tons of cooking in. The sled was the easiest way I have moved a large EGG in 10 years.

imageimage

Where was I bringing it?? To the spot with a view of course, and full surround sound of gurgling water!

Several days later, after nearly 60 pounds of meat got love from the EGGs, the snow was gone :(

Wasn't near as easy getting them back to the truck to load! But just a fantastic looong weekend of Egging OUT OF CELL PHONE RANGE!

Here is one of the beef chuck rolls ready to wrap and finish off. We had 1/2 pound pulled beef sammiches, then used the rest for Chimichangas....yep, we had a fryer too! Talk about roughing it ;-)

Cheers!
Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Holy Crap!! Where in WV did you go? I actually grew up in Wild, Wonderful, West "By God" Virginny, so I'm astonished to see anyone post about it (most folks think it's just the "western" part of VA vs being a separate State - especially where I'm living now out here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia)!!! hehehe...

Anyway, good lookin cooks, and good lookin "country roads" ;)
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Nice Hillybilly-

I'm from Weirton...up in the northern panhandle....live in Colorado now.
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited January 2012
    Nice Hillybilly-

I'm from Weirton...up in the northern panhandle....live in Colorado now.
    Yep, I know Egg-sactly where Weirton is!!! :-)

I actually grew up in a VERY small, rural area about 20 miles West of Morgantown (Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!!!)... They seemed to do pretty well against Clemson :=)
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    That's some seriously cool **** right there.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    "Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!!!)... They seemed to do pretty well against Clemson :=)"

Hopefully they're not getting in over their head by going to the Big 12
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Where is the RItz-Carlton? Is it behind that tent?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• You might have just made a TN boy jealous.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    I lived in the RItz Mickey. Slept 9 hours every night toasty in my down sleeping bag with a full belly. Hillbilly, we were up in the Allegheneys...the Middle Mountain area, near Spruce Knob (highest point in WBGV). Mighty_Quinn the panhandle is beautiful, but it's a bit different up over 3000 ft. We saw a ton of WV Mountaineer stickers/signs/banners all over the state. Wish I had pictures of the Chimichangas (CFCs)!

Ready to do it again.
    Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    cool!!!!
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • Born in Mercer County because we didn't have a hospital on the VA side of East River Mountain. I love the Frontier Section of The Commonwealth. As a Hokie a really miss those fearful trips to Morgantown. I make an annual trip to Pocahontas County, but take only skis not my Egg.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC