Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yawn..

smokinsooner
smokinsooner Posts: 161
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum

I couldn't get very excited about seeing all SEC National Championship Game so I had to something to remind myself, next year is the year of the Sooners!!

Sooner Nation, please meet BGE Meatloaf!

Thanks to Griffin for the idea for meatloaf on the BGE!

BOOMER!

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Had I known you were a Sooner, I wouldn't have given you any ideas. Sic 'em Bears! Still waiting to here about RG3 (no relation).

All kidding aside, meatloaf on the egg rocks.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Smokinsooner, two things.  First, when I saw  the small version of the photo, I though maybe one of them was supposed to be a football stadium, lol!

Second, back in the 70's I almost got to sneak into the OSU game with the cheerleaders in the Sooner Schooner.  (I was dating a girl who went to OU.)  That would have been one of the highlights of my life,LOL!
    The Naked Whiz
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Smokinsooner, two things.  First, when I saw  the small version of the photo, I though maybe one of them was supposed to be a football stadium, lol!

Second, back in the 70's I almost got to sneak into the OSU game with the cheerleaders in the Sooner Schooner.  (I was dating a girl who went to OU.)  That would have been one of the highlights of my life,LOL!
    The ride or the date?! :-))
  • Both, actually.  Oh, she was wonderful, sigh......  Don't tell the wife (yes, the wife who....) however.....
    The Naked Whiz
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Boomer
    Cookin in Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Smokinsooner, you might have started something here. Cool..... Spell your food.......
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tdbmd
    tdbmd Posts: 46
    Maybe you can make one in the shape of Roll Tide!  (just kidding)
  • BGtiger...thanks! I've done traditional OU emblem before... but I didn't have a pan big enough for this one. that's about 5.5 lbs of meat loaf on an XL egg!

Griffin...I felt it only appropriate to share that pic with you after reading about your "Husky Dogs" (which looked tasty by the way)... knowing you were a bear fan. RG3 is a good kid, a good QB, I can understand why you want him to stay. He didn't make one mistake in the whole game against OU. (and he is your only prayer for a repeat victory in 2012 over OU)

Whiz... your secret is safe with me... but I'm more curious as to how you allowed that opportunity to slip away! Back then field security couldn't have been that tight!!

Boatbum: SOONER!!

Mickey: I know... meat loaf is like edible play-doh for grown ups... and like I said... I was underwhelmed by the game match-up. Being a meat loaf arteeeest, I have actually done one in the shape of a heart for Valentine's Day dinner before.... (not to worry, I sprung for a bottle of wine too).

tdbmd: I wouldn't even know where to begin!

BOOMER!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    SmokinSooner,
    I recently did two meatloaves on the Egg, conventionally-shaped, and one was in a tinfoil "boat" and the other I placed directly on the cast-iron grate (flat side up).  The bare loaf had a better smoke flavor and wonderful crust, while the foiled loaf was a bit juicier.
    I think you probably had to use foil under the letters, don't think you could've moved them any other way.  Just wanted to mention the alternative method, fwiw... 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    I like seeing Sooners on the BBQ.  Go Horns!!  
    :>
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Griffin...I felt it only appropriate to share that pic with you after reading about your "Husky Dogs" (which looked tasty by the way)... knowing you were a bear fan. RG3 is a good kid, a good QB, I can understand why you want him to stay. He didn't make one mistake in the whole game against OU. (and he is your only prayer for a repeat victory in 2012 over OU)

Well, it looks like all our hopes and dreams are going to disappear, just like RG3. Back to being a crappy football team. High hopes for our b-ball team, though.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• galen
    galen Posts: 57

Aloha

With all of this football chatter I will try to bring everything together by mentioning CHOW TIME and our new coach here at the University of Hawaii....Norm Chow.  Go Rainbow Warriors!!

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    I just heard the entire LSU team is trapped in New Orleans.  Someone painted a fifty yard line across the highway and they can't get past it.
    :D

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • I just heard the entire LSU team is trapped in New Orleans.  Someone painted a fifty yard line across the highway and they can't get past it.
    :D

Mike
    Omaha, NE

Hysterical!

BOOMER!