Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My weekly Lawn Ranger induced burgers tonight.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
LR has the best looking hamburgers. Going to mix the patties with minced vadilia onions. Top with velvetta and pickles. Then a good potato bun. Man, I'm glad spring is here.[p]Mike
carshower.bmp

Comments

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Vidalia Burgers rule!! nice job, Mike.[p]
  • Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, Is that the new wash we talked about. Looks cool. Are you going to Austin this weekend. Tom

• Midnight Smoker
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]This weekend I took some Vidalias and slices them about a 1/4 inch....I then made my patties and pushed the whole slice into the patty and worked the slice into it until it was flush with the outer edbe of the patty. Cook as you would a normal patty......VERY tasty!!!!! Paul
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    Not exactly, but thanks a ton for your help. I owe you if I get that property bought.[p]I should have been to Waldorf and Austin. But it is crunch time on decisions. Every little detail has hit me the face at the last minute. Maybe I micro manage but heck it is only my life.[p]Hotlanta is on my mind.[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,
    Thanks for the idea. It will have to be next time as the onions have been diced and patties made.[p]One more question. I have about 1/2 onion left. How much more flavor would the burgers have if I tossed that thing in the fire? I heard it is really great but never tried.[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    Are the good peaches in yet? Wanting some good ones to do a pork loin. Looking in dreary old MO.[p]Mike

• wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    The last time I posted this I got crucified by some self-rightous Right-coasters who seemed to think that these kind of sandwiches were only allowed in Philly as their "cheese steaks." [p]Marinate a flank steak in virtually any marinade you want. Grill it for about 4 minutes a side. Let rest a few. Then carve thinly across grain.[p]Serve with sauted onions, green pepper, garlic, tomatoes if you like, and then bread&butter pickles at the last minute (along with some of the juice). Serve on French, Italian or otherwise, the best bread you can find along with cheese(s)of your choice. I like Swiss and others. I got crucified because I chose not to use Chees-Whiz like they supposedly do in Philly...I happen to have gone to more than one place out there that refuses to do the Chees-Whiz thing...here in Wisconsin, I could get shot for using such drool.