Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick junk

Baysidebob
Baysidebob Posts: 489
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
Push this wait for that and on and on.  This thing worked great for a coupl days and quit.  Replaced batteries, no help.  I follow the directions and nothing works.  I HATE this thing.  Is there a remote probe out there that actually works?  I just got it going again but it loses the signal even though they are less than a foot apart.
My actuary says I'm dead.

Comments

• Which model do you have? I had the same experience with the ET73. I changed to the ET732 and it works well. Customer service at Maverick was wonderful. Try sending them a message.
  • I agree with howmeisterg - my ET-732 from last Xmas is awesome. Batteries are still good. No problems what-so-ever. Be careful, the ET-73 - the older one - has some issues with the probes. Still - some got replacements under warrantee - or bought new probes for a reasonable price.

I do have to admit that I use it only for the very long cooks. Otherwise - no need for any fancy thermometer - the dial thing that came with the BGE works for me - and does not require batteries!