Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest in Atlanta

AndyR
AndyR Posts: 130
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone know if there will be any type of Eggfest in Atlanta this year?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Andy R.,
    I understand there will be. And it will be a major blast.
    Still waiting on details. See you there.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Andy R.,
    I should have some info from BGE in about a week and will post it then. Details are close to being completed. EGGtoberfest 2000.

• chuckwagon
    chuckwagon Posts: 14
    Andy R.,I contacted BGE last week and they said they would have some info by this week. They were thinking of 1 st.,2nd.,or 3rd. weekend in October. I was there last year and what a good time we had. I just figured out how to post messages so I should be able to start thanking everyone for my EGGING experiences. charlie

• AndyR
    AndyR Posts: 130
    Nature Boy,[p]Can anyone cook in it? If so, what is it, sort of a "bring you best dish and lets pork out" deal? [p]If I don't feel like bringing my Egg can I borrow yours? (hehe)
  • Nature Boy
    Andy R.,
    There will be plenty of eggs to cook on.
    Not sure how it will be handled...whether we sign up for particular dishes, or what. I am only cooking one thing this time![p]You pretty much have it with "bring your best dish and pork out".[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Andy R.,[p]Here is a link that will have you at a page where you can select the Eggtoberfest 1999 or the Eggfest 2000 to see some pictures of both. The Eggtoberfest is the big one in Atlanta. They had 25+ Eggs last year and maybe more this year. Links at the top of the page.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]-- Tim's BGE place --[/ul]
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Nature Boy:[p]Would that one thing be SQUID?[p]Regardless, hope you are able to make it to Atlanta this fall. Nice crowd last year, hope all are able to return. Are you going to bring Lan and the girls or will you be second seat on Tim M.'s Harley?

• Nature Boy
    djm5x9,
    I assume you will be there???
    Lan is not into it. Looks like I could be coming down with Jenna and Kara. Daddy and the 5 year old twins kinda thing. Should be fun. You gonna have the kids along?? [p]How many of you other folks are bringin little ones???[p]Hope to see you there Darryl
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Nature Boy,[p]Please bring the girls. They'd have a wonderful time, and you'd have more babysitting help than you need. ;-}[p]Cathy
  • djm5x9
    Nature Boy:[p]I certainly will be there! The boys and Luc will make an appearance depending upon sports activities. Regardless, there will be eyes to take care of the girls, just let us know. Yes, there were a few other children around, and they seemed to have a good time. Be there, Nature Boy, or be square!

• Nature Boy
    Cat,
    Unless there is a setback, I will be there with a couple 5 year old cuties and some meat to cook! This time I will have more film. I know it is kinda premature, but, by any chance, are you gonna cook that butterflied turkey??
    My wordy lordy that is gonna go quick if you do![p]I am starting to get another good feeling about this one!
    Eggtoberfest....yeeeeee ha!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Tim M
    Nature Boy,[p]Oooo, that would mean Cat might not do her ribs -- hmmmm, that can't be good. I hope OCT (hi OCT I know you're out there) will be there again to do those ribs of his. If Cat's not doing her ribs, then I will be hang'n around OCT or Sloppy or Jslot or ...... Eggtoberfest is lots of good eating in a short amount of time![p]Tim - still full from last year
  • Cat
    Nature Boy,[p]I would have done the turkey at Eggfest but couldn't figure out the prep & serving logistics...good instincts, since it would have been especially challenging after one of those beers you gave me. ;-}[p]I'm looking forward to meeting your little beauties. What are you planning to cook?[p]Cathy
  • Cat
    Tim M,[p]Boy, are you fickle. ;-} Any rib in a storm, huh?[p]I hope you're going to do those pork tenderloins again. Almost instant gratification.[p]Cathy

• Tim M
    Cat,[p]Boy, that's a deal! Those are real fast and simple. [p]Yea, I am rib fickle. I have only met a few ribs I didn't just love! The last was boiled, then tossed on the Webber at a friends house - yuck! [p]Whatever you cook will be truely worth tasting - even if it is not the ribs. I fear that with even more folks coming this year, we will just never be able to taste everything - and live to tell about it anyway.[p]Tim
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    tim m,
    maybe we should create a new category - for those attending octoberfest 2000 - a pre-selected group titled - "official tasters" - the job description would be to get the first taste of everything as it came of the egg - to ensure that it meets the quality required [p]

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Nature Boy
    Cat,
    thanks. No idea what to cook yet!
    Can't wait.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • SLOPPY PIG
    SLOPPY PIG Posts: 33
    Tim M,
    JSlot and I had already discussed a duo Rib team for Eggtoberfest 2000. What do you think about SloppySlots ?

• djm5x9
    Nature Boy:[p]You know I was giving you a hard time about the squid . . . Properly cooked, it is a favorite, regardless of recipe.[p]But I think you need to cook two things with squid being one of them. If you elect to do so, I will supply the squid and be your back-up man on the grill. What do ya think? Some thing to consider?