Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Poor Man's Rib Eye

Options
BuBaQlishus
BuBaQlishus Posts: 132
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum

The Chuck Eye Steak...a great post with illustrations on this interesting cut of beef...check it out at:
http://thegreeneggandi.com/2011/12/01/the-poor-mans-rib-eye/

Comments

• GreenhawK
    Options
    They look like a great cut to try out.  Looks like I know what I am cooking next.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • BuBaQlishus
    Options
    I hope you follow me on the blog through Facebook and check out some of the other posted recipes...I have been grilling, cooking for many years having owned a high end catering business and specialty foods, meats store. I endeavor on each post to be informative and provide thorough illustrations of the process and dish from preperation to the finished product....my reward is sharing my experiences, secrets and tips in gaining more followers...so, be sure to follow The Green Egg and I so you receive notices when I post new recipes as I don't always post on the forums.....did you see the butterfly grilled marinated lamb, an earlier post....a must try!
  • GreenhawK
    Options
    I will check it out.  I have been cooking for a long time, but haven't been on the forum a long time.  Some of my friends and I have competed for a couple of years and a few of the guys have been catering and just opened a restaurant a few weeks ago.  I am always looking for something new to try.  I will definitely check it out more.

Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • BuBaQlishus
    Options
    Wow, sounds like my profile...I am currently getting set to compete next year as I have all my own special rubs, mopping sauces and recipes ready to hit the road running...send me an email would love to talk about equipment, etc and exchange thoughts...mdsarge.sargent@gmail.com
    Look forward to hearing from you and thanks for responding.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    Options
    Ah, the Chuck Eye.  I used to eat these all the time in the early 90s and then I stopped buying/seeing them. Loved them, they were cheap and really good!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• BuBaQlishus
    Options
    Thanks, I hope you follow me on the blog through Facebook and check out some of
    the other posted recipes...I have been grilling, cooking for many years
    having owned a high end catering business and specialty foods, meats
    store. I endeavor on each post to be informative and provide thorough
    illustrations of the process and dish from preperation to the finished
    product....my reward is sharing my experiences, secrets and tips in
    gaining more followers...so, be sure to follow The Green Egg and I so
    you receive notices when I post new recipes as I don't always post on
    the forums.....did you see the butterfly grilled marinated lamb, an
    earlier post....a must try!
  • Greygoose
    Options
    where do i find this "the butterfly grilled marinated lamb" recipe? i've looked at the blog and dont see it.

Greygoose
  • BuBaQlishus
    Options
    Scroll down through recipes or on home page click on categories on rightside column and hit lamb also check out Pinwheel sausage!!!!