Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bedlam Weekend!

Options
smokinsooner
smokinsooner Posts: 161
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum

There's a big game this weekend and it deserves an Epic cook! Any ideas from the eggsperts!

Feeding about 12 need to be prepared for 16.

Burgers, Brats, Brisket.... it's all been done. Smoked chicken, turkey ribs, jamaican jerk stuffed peepers, mac and cheese from the cookbook.... Looking for something jaw-dropping creative and tasty.... otherwise, I'm taking another shot the worlds must perfect ribs title.... (not too worry.... that title is safe for a awhile)

I have an XL with the most important accessories.... and shamefully little inhibition.

Short of Rattlesnack or squirrel or opossum.... I'll cook about anything and lots of it!!

Thanks for your help in advance!!

BOOMER!!

BOOMER!

Comments

• DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    Go POKES!

We will be putting on wings and spatchcock chicken for the game. ABTs are always a big hit. Fajitas, bacon wrapped shrimp. You could probably pickup that possum in Norman and it will be ready by the time you get to Stillwater.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Standing rib roast sliced thin with crusty bread, aujus, sauted onions and mushrooms. That's what we are having for the game. (gotta use the new slicer)

Go Cowboys!
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    I'd say it calls for a chili cheese dog fatty.  GO COWBOY'S!!!!!!!

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1135206/chili-cheese-dog-fatty#Item_3

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

We'll just be doing simple wings since we will be in the process of moving.

Sic 'em Bears!!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• smokinsooner
    Options

Griffin...Bowhunr.... thanks for the ideas! There will definately be a couple of fatties smoked tomorrow! Never done this.... but we're gonna give it a shot. Both of your recipes/processes look fantastic!

I've seen a similiar recipe.... but it's like a burger log. I can't remember what it's called... if anyone has a link, I would appreciate it!

BOOMER!!

BOOMER!
  • Don't Egg me on
    Options
    I'm feeding about that many and am going with a big brisket. That chili cheese dog fattie looks awesome though! Good luck, post some pics. 
    Boomer Sooner!!
  • Parrothead
    Options

SOONER!!!!!

I've got ribs on right now, but a sure fire win would be a batch of ABT'S!!!

Wobbly Pops to ya, Chris
  • DMurf
    Options
    Got the EGG fired up getting ready to get some wings going. 

Go POKES!!
    David
  • DMurf
    Options
    The Wings were great! 400 indirect for an hour flipping once, a little rub and some Louisiana Hot Wing sauce.

Oh yes, the COWBOYS WIN!!!
    David
  • GrannyX4
    Options
    What a romp!!!! Great game and the standing rib roast was just as grand. Husband said it was the best he ever had and that was before the Cowboys won!
  • smokinsooner
    Options

An awful way to end the season.... But since this is the Pokes 1st victory over OU in 9 years.... I guess they were due. OU played terrible football...and OSU looked like national champions.

The good news: the fatties were a hit. Made 4...one was 2.25lbs of hamburger, only.
    Two were 1/2 lb of Jimmy Dean's hot sausage mixed with 1/2lb of hamburger.... and one was all JD hot sausage. I learned a few things along the way about the bacon weave, (an extra row helps).... and which ingredients I prefer (carmalized onions, roasted Pablano peppers and mushrooms), and the rub should be a strong rub. I used goold ol' Butt Rub.

Another tip... Tent it and leave it for awhile.... impatience makes cutting this up a big mess!

Big thanks to Griffin for the "how to"!

The Sooners will be back next year!!

imageimageimage
    BOOMER!
  • GrannyX4
    Options
    Good looking fatties. I guess I'm going to have to make it for the husband one of theses days but it will have to be after his cardio check up. Try making them earlier in the day and then just warm them up. That should make them easier to cut or even the day before.

Maybe next year you will make the standing rib roast. (she says with a grin) :)