Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasted chicken question

Options
gte1
gte1 Posts: 379
edited November 2011 in EGGtoberfest
I did a beer butt chicken tonight, 400 degrees indirect. I have done chicken a few times now, and while it is always very tender and moist, the skin is like slightly crisp rubber. I love this BBQ but I am going nuts with the chicken skin thing. I hate to say it but I cannot get a whole chicken to come out like I can in a webber. Help please!!

George
George

Comments

• Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Options
    I would do beer can chicken direct not indirect. You may also want to try spatchcocking a chicken. Poultry is great on the egg. What kind if set up did you use on the weber?
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    Just did 2 the other night on a Papa Jeabert 2 chicken up. Cooked on direct heat at the felt line @ 350 for a little over an hour. Pulled off at 165 degree in the thigh. Crispy skin and moist birds.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    edited November 2011
    Options
    On the webber, chickens in the center coals on the sides. No problem with smoking grease doing direct on the egg?
    George