Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Dough ?

Options
bschroed
bschroed Posts: 29
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
Hello all. I have done 2 pizza`s in my BGE, and they turned out really good. I made from scratch my dough. My question is, since it takes a while to make your own dough, I was wandering if any of you have used the pizza dough that is already packaged and ready to use? I saw some at Walmart that was in the spice section, and was not frozen or refrigerated, and it looked a little pre-cooked. ????

Comments

• paulheels
    Options
    We use the pillsbury pizza dough in the refrigerated biscuit isle. It is good, but it's square.
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • JerkChicken
    Options
    If you live anywhere near a Whole Foods market, they have excellent fresh dough they sell by the ball. It is hard to beat. Trader Joe's has good fresh dough as well, and Publix has started carrying fresh dough in their bakery section too. I steer clear of those that are packed with artificial ingredients and preservatives, though they will work in a pinch.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • CrimsonEgg
    Options
    The dough balls at Publix are right on. Perfect size and always fresh. Recently the one near me started doing whole wheat dough as well.