Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Jerky

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
06_10_0017_34_02.jpg
<p />Today it was time to make a little more beef jerky... again. [p]I used a 3.5lb brisket - after removing the fat cap I cut it with the grain and marinated it for about 14 hours. I was putting together the marinate and realized that I had no brown sugar - I used apple juice instead - most of the rest of the recipe was the same as the River City Recipe - now it is called version #3 - have a great day![p]What else is on the grill?
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• Gfw
    Tim - I guess I set the wrong link - hope you don't mind - how is FrontPage working. [p]This is the link that I was trying to leave!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Gfw,[p]That is some great looking jerkey. I have yet to do any on the egg but, after looking at your picture, I would say that it will be on the menu before this week is over.

• g-o
    g-o Posts: 39
    Gfw, I agree, great looking jerky. Just noticed an ad for eye-of-round roast on sale this week so I think I'll give it a shot. Gord

• Gfw
    g-o, just a suggestion, get a nice brisket - it works great. Godd luck whichever way you go!

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Hey Bob,
    Gordon's website really made my mind up. The pictures he has of the mound, and the 2-grid flip, then the separation and long drying process, were a huge help on nudging me along. Thanks Gfw! [p]The River City recipe is a good recipe, and can be altered to your tastes. The soy/sugar/molasses mixture provides the perfect sweetness. Use whatever else for a kick. Gobs of jerk seasoning really kicks it up!! I been adding a bit of sesame oil also. [p]Hope all is well with you.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ