Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dome Thermometer

EggHeadFred
EggHeadFred Posts: 123
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
Looking to replace the dome thermometer in my large BGE. I am not sure witch Tel-Tru is the one to go with.
Thanks fore the help.

Fred
Fred V. Smyrna,Ga.

Comments

• teltru site has two that fit the egg a 150to750 like the original and a 200to 1000.

Get the 200/1000 if you do much high temp stuff, if not get the 150/750.

I got the 200/1000.

I grill therefore I am.....not hungy.
  • The official BGE one is now made by Tel-Tru. I got one from my BGE a few weeks ago.
  • The official BGE one is now made by Tel-Tru. I got one from my BGE a few weeks ago.
    Curious, does the Tel-Tru that now comes with BGE's have the same length stem as the original?
    In other words, does it have a custom "BGE" length.

I was under the impression that the Tel-True's that people used to buy as replacements were either a little longer or a little shorter depending on which one you chose.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

Curious, does the Tel-Tru that now comes with BGE's have the same length stem as the original?
    In other words, does it have a custom "BGE" length.

I was under the impression that the Tel-True's that people used to buy as replacements were either a little longer or a little shorter depending on which one you chose.
    Yes, it is the same length as the original.  Perfect fit.  It is custom made for the BGE with the size of the stem and the BGE emblem on it also.