Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table or not

Options
wingingit
wingingit Posts: 2
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum
Getting my egg this weekend. Should I go with the nest and handler or make a table. Thoughts since coming from a bubba keg
Fresh Egg coming in

Comments

• burr_baby33
    Options
    I like the table a lot.  The nest seems a little "tippy" to me.  Definitely don't want my egg to tip over.
  • yellowdogbbq
    Options

I love my table, plenty of room for grilling accessories, pans of food, and a place to set your beer down when checking the egg. 

• HebearMcGhee
    Options
    Definitely table. In general you have many more options for storage and customization overall.(BTW, if you think you're building too big of a table, you're not ;) )
    In regards to the nest, I can see the appeal for some. With that said, I've never heard someone say "I wish I had a nest instead of a table."
    http://choiceofga.com 1000+ Tables & Counting… Direct From Fayetteville, GA "It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools."
  • ribmaster
    ribmaster Posts: 209
    Options
    I would have a table. You may want a table and a nest but I don't have much need to have mine mobile, so my egg is in my table.
    I grill therefore I am.....not hungy.
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    I've built long tables for three of my four Eggs. I think if I was to do it again, I'd build smaller "carts" for my Eggs (for more stability over a nest), and a single long table, that I can maneuver around and between the particular Eggs I'm using, at any given time.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)