Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mon rant

Options
LDD
LDD Posts: 1,225
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum
so I ordered some habenaro death dust and a couple of others to make it worth while at the beginning of the month. I get the confirmation e-mail. Look up the delivery time. 6-10 days. today is day 10. the usps website has not been updated since Oct 5.

I call usps. they tell me that that the service the vendor used can't be tracked. even though it says on their website that it can be tracked. with the fine print that says it can't :)

in the meantime. payment has been made and I've got nothing to show for it.

I ask the lady what's a reasonable amount of time for me to wait.

i'll say this... she had the apology and inconvenience spiel down perfectly

*sigh.

context is important :)

Comments

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    That's a ridiculous amount of time.  You should be able to ship any small package like that from one end of the country to the other in 3-4 days MAX!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• LDD
    Options
    The delay I can understand that. Not like,but understand. What I have a hard time understanding is how according to them they have absolutely no way to track the package. No way to tell if it's lost or on route. The concept seems bonkers to me
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    If the package is shipped to Canada using USPS, it's probably coming 6-10 business day priority mail.   My experience has been delivery is closer to 10-14 actual days, longer at the holidays.  Priority mail can't be tracked.  Express mail can be tracked but it is more expensive, some instances almost double the cost of priority.

I've also found oddly enough when folks inquire about a package, it usually shows up that day or the next day.    t  
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Options
    If the package is shipped to Canada using USPS, it's probably coming 6-10 business day priority mail.   My experience has been delivery is closer to 10-14 actual days, longer at the holidays.  Priority mail can't be tracked.  Express mail can be tracked but it is more expensive, some instances almost double the cost of priority.

I've also found oddly enough when folks inquire about a package, it usually shows up that day or the next day.    t  

+1
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • LDD
    Options
    I hope that's the case here. Day 12
  • LDD
    Options
    order finally showed up. I tasted them all. I liked them. the death dust has a real good kick to it.