Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

this weekends cook

austin2egghead
austin2egghead Posts: 1
edited October 2011 in Root
The Cutimage

On the mini

Playing with fire

rested and ready

plated

thanks for looking

Comments

• Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Pix are great ... how about sharing what you did?
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Thanks for the emails explaining your method and such ... much appreciated!
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    what about the other kids on the block that want to know too :)

That looks great! how thick was that?
    context is important :)
  • Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 356
    That look osome and very tasty! notthing better then steak! :)
    Cheers! Shawn My Blog: http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/ My Dads Custom Handles Blog http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.com
  • Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    That's one serious hunk of beef. Looks great!
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • To everyone who responded to my post: Thank You.   I have had problems with my Austin Egghead log in (finally fixed this AM).  To post this cook I created the Austin2Egghead, which for some reason no comments were allowed on that account.  I was not ignoring anyone who posted a comment, just caught in some sort of internet SNAFU of total frustration.

LDD here is how I cooked the meat:
    The cut was about 2.5 in.  I  bought a roast at Costco and cut into 2-1in steaks and this was leftover.  i really don't cook with temp and time I cook by looks and feel.  When I see the moisture start to come up on the uncooked side that is when I turn it.  (I think I was pretty close to 550 on the mini...probably no more that 3-4 minutes for that cut.  
    Shut down I raised steak up above the felt and that was probably another 5-6 minutes.  I temp'd the steak when I took it off the egg.  I like rare, adjust cook time for desired doneness

This cooking method works best on the mini.  The mini comes to temp really quick and losses temp pretty quick, so the above cooking method is ideal for the mini.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx