Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Perfect Pizza

Options
AndyBoy
AndyBoy Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I cooked my second pizza on my BGE and it was so good and better than anything you can buy in Atlanta IMO. Took the temp up to 700 degrees to get the stone real hot and then brought it down to 550 and added pizza. It cooked about 20 minutes at 500 - 550. Crust, sauce was homemade and it really was the best pizza I have ever eaten. I love my Egg!

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    AndyBoy, the only drawback is that now whenever I suggest pizza, my wife says "yes, let's do it on the egg" even if I was envisioning a easy night at the Mellow Mushroom.

• AndyBoy
    AndyBoy Posts: 11
    Options
    Wise One,[p]I know what you mean. My wife was surprised I choose charcoal over gas for our new grill but she is really enjoying the results. Her favorite so far is duck breasts which I did Saturday evening.
  • Fishkiller
    Fishkiller Posts: 42
    Options
    Wise One,
    You can order pizza from Mellow Mushroom uncooked. We do this all the time then bring them home and throw them on the egg. Keeps me from having to clean up after myself in the kitchen.
    fishkiller