Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri tip (Dijon marinade)

Options
thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited September 2011 in Forum List
This Tri Tip recipe uses a simpler marinade than the Santa Maria that you will find in this recipe book.. Fewer ingredients with no loss of flavor.

Seasoning Marinade
 2 Tbls. EVOO
 2 Tbls. Balsamic Vinegar
 4 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
 4 Tbls. Soy Sauce
 2 Tbls. Honey Dijon Mustard
 2 Tsp. Garlic powder

Basting Sauce
 ½ cup white wine vinegar
 ½ cup vegetable oil (or EVOO)

Ingredients
 2-3 Lb. Tri-tip roast

Preparation and cooking
1. Mix together all marinade ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the tri tip in a 1 gallon freezer bag. Place in refrigerator for 4-8 hours turning occasionally.
2. Whisk basting sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside for basting.
3. Lightly oil your cooking grid and fire up BGE to T-Rex. Remove from Marinade and pat dry.
4. Sear the tri-tip at 600 to 700 degrees for 3-4 minutes per side.
NOTE: This recipe calls for Searing; it is NOT necessary and you can choose to start the cook indirect and get very similar results without searing (cooking time for indirect will increase slightly)
5. Remove seared tri-tip from the BGE, cover it with foil and let it rest while bringing the BGE temperature down to 350 to 400 degrees at the dome.
6. Now set up BGE for either Indirect Cooking (using the plate setter) or a Raised Grid;
7. Return the tri-tip back into the BGE and cook to an internal temperature of 125-130 degrees, basting every 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Remove tri-tip from the BGE, cover it with foil and let it rest 15 minutes; to serve cut into ¼-3/8” slices against the grain and serve.
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241

Comments