Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

whats cooking?

Options
dublin
dublin Posts: 140
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hope everyone is having a good Saturday
feels like November here in the north east today...
Whats everyone cooking fordinner tonight, i'm hoping for some ideas.
dublin

Comments

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    dublin,
    Hopefully a pulled pork, corn bread, chicken legs some with Montreal Garlic seasoning and some marinated in Italian dressing and baked beans. Wish me luck.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dublin,Doing a hundred wings this afternoon for a good friend's retirement party.

• Mark G
    Mark G Posts: 39
    Options
    Doing a couple racks of baby back ribs and BBQ beans. Having a few friends over to celebrate National Homebrew Day. We'll be brewing up 10gal of Belgian Witbier.[p]Hmmmm, BBQ and homebrew!
  • badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Mornin' dublin,
    That would be Oysters Rockefeller as an appetizer & Thai Coconut chicken kabobs.
    It's nice to have time on the weekends to Q. Weekdays it's usually something quick.
    Enjoy
    bruce

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    dublin,
    I'm thinking about doing Hobo Dinners on the Egg tonight. I'm playing Mr. Mom and trying to work on tools today, so I don't have a lot of time.[p]I'm contemplating kind of modifying them by using some finely diced sirloin instead of hamburger, and possibly adding some mushrooms, green chilis and corn along with the taters, carrots and onions. I may even do fried okra again as a side...Man that was good the other night![p]Good weekend to all.[p]Mike

• locolongball
    locolongball Posts: 414
    Options
    dublin,[p]Still not sure. I have a big cook for 30 people at the end of may. Doing Pork Butts, and Ribs. Thinking about doing 15 to 20 racks tonight to practice up. Ofcourse, I'll need to nap first, I haven't even picked up the ribs yet. Ahhhh, that does it. I'm think burgers tonight, and ribs tomorrow. Haven't had a great burger in a while. Going to try them nice and slow.
  • dublin
    dublin Posts: 140
    Options
    locolongball,
    I did 1/2 pound burgers last week, the were a big hit, i kept them simple, mixed 80/20 ground beef with Sweet baby rays bbq sauce, dash a worcestershire sauce, salt n' pepper, mixed an egg in to keep it all together. Put in fridge for about an hour and put plenty of Cow lick steak rub on both sides 15 minutes before grilling...Truly awesome got great reviews...Told iwill HAVE to do them again...its funny that the simple things sometimes get better reviews...
    dublin

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    dublin,
    Nothing and I aint happy about it. If the intruders leave early enough, it might be some crab cakes.[p]Mike

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    IMG_0267.jpg
    <p />dublin, it's moo-cow here - hers a 16oz and mine an 18oz - both are aged New York strips - just for the taste we're splitting a nice lobster tail too. These pups are about 2" thick.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • badbruce
    Options
    Greetings Car Wash Mike,
    Better you than me. LOL Just kidding
    bruce

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    badbruce,
    Everyone always wants to make fun of the guy not cooking.LOL
    What you got going?
    My intruders just left and it is light out, I might get something in yet.[p]Mike

• badbruce
    Options
    Hey Car Wash Mike,
    I just took the oysters Rockefella off the grill & put the corn on. Will cook in full husks for an hour & a half.
    Just before thats done I'll toss on a few Thai coconut chicken kabobs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend.
    bruce

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    badbruce,
    Now, I'm even more pissed for ever asking. Be a good Bruce later on and post a pic of those Thai coconut chicken kabobs along with the recipe.
    I still aint happy.
    But you are so that is a good thing.[p]Mike

• badbruce
    Options
    Car Wash Mike ,
    If I could I would. I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to puter stuff.
    bruce[p]