Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ashville, NC hotel?

wkygriller
wkygriller Posts: 408
edited November -1 in Off Topic
For our 18th anniversary (October 15th) we want to see Biltmore. I looked online and the cheapest rate to stay on the property is $936.00 per night :ermm:. So that is out of the question. I am looking for a really nice hotel/resort that is close. Since it is a special occasion I am willing to do a 3-4 star hotel (just not 936 a night). Anyone have suggestions?

Comments

• suds
    suds Posts: 1
    My favorite place to stay is
    http://www.bittersweetcottage.com/

If you need a hotel for a special occasion, Grove Park Inn is a classic. I've stayed there twice and recommend it.

You must have dinner at
    http://theadmiralnc.com/
    Fantastic food from a dive-ish bar atmosphere.
  • wkygriller
    wkygriller Posts: 408
    Thanks for the tips.
    Bitter sweet only had one night available. Grove park only had club level rooms available @ $850.00 a night plus meals and Biltmore tickets.
    I did find the Bohemian downtown was a little more affordable. If I don't come up with any others, thats probably where we will stay.
    We will give the Admiral a try for sure. The menu looks great!!
  • BBQ Hippie
    BBQ Hippie Posts: 49
    Mary and I like to stay at the Marriott. It's close to downtown and easy to get to the Biltmore.
  • RaleighGuy
    RaleighGuy Posts: 207
    The Bohemian is nice! The Renaissance downtown is in a great location. Pretty easy walk to everything-parking can be a hassle in downtown Asheville sometimes. Grove Park is our favorite! It is an amazing hotel with some amazing views. That is where my wife and I got engaged. They have specials all the time. See the link below for just one of the specials they have available for the time you are going.

Break Away Package

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• aadirks
    aadirks Posts: 2
    http://brookstonelodgeasheville.com/

Nothing fancy here, but it is new and it is a nice place.
  • Check out the inn on Montford. It is a really nice b&b located in a beautiful old neighborhood close to downtown. Really friendly innkeepers. All different levels of rooms.
  • Make sure you check out the "behind the scenes" tour and the "rooftop" tour, assuming they still have them.  We took the behind the scenes tour in addition to the regular tour.  It was certainly worth the extra time and money to me.  You have to make reservations.  Also the lunch buffet they have on site was quite nice.
    The Naked Whiz
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    We have always stayed at the Radisson downtown. It is close to great restaurants & shopping...about 5 minutes drive to the Biltmore and I believe they have discount tickets at the hotel concierge...
  • Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    There are a ton of nice B&B's in downtown Ashville. My wife and I went for our 5 year anniversary three years ago and had a great time. We wanted to stay at the Whitegate Inn, but they were booked, so we stayed at the Chestnut Street Inn that is across the street. They are near downtown, so you can walk around and enjoy the city, and a short drive to Biltmore. Go have drinks at the Grove Park Inn for a great view, and check out Tupelo Honey restaurant for great food.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • I vote Bohemian. It's a Marriott property and is pretty cool. Across from Biltmore entrance. Renniasance is great downtown location. Call me crazy but I've stayed at The Grove Park for business a ton of times and it's overrated for the price. The lobby is cool but rooms are marginal for what they charge.

I haven't tried a b&b because prices ave been too high. It would be a good choice however.
  • I've stayed at the Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park. It's very nice and only about 18 months old. It's in a very nice area that is an outdoor shopping mall. In addition to the hotel there are some nice restaurants within walking distance and a movie theater too. Look it up online and see what ya think.

Bob
  • A little off topic but...if you like beer downtown Aashville is awesome.  Barley's, Thirsty Monk, Lobster Trap, adn multiple breweries.  Pisgah Brewery in Black Mountain (aboy 8 miles from downtown) is AWESOME.

http://pisgahbrewing.com/
  • The Bohemian is great and is at the entrance to Biltmore and walking distance to some great restaurant.  You get Marriott points as well.