Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone in France ?

Options
gamera06
gamera06 Posts: 80
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Hi guys,

As a new egger I wanted to know if some of you were in France...

I'm converting some friends around here with my Gros Oeuf Vert :-)
BGE XL, Large & Mini, Black Wifi Stoker Cannes, France

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I don't recall ever seeing anyone from France post before but there are a few French Canadian and French Louisianians among us. They might appreciate your Gros Oeluf Vert.

Spring "Crawfish Ain't Frenchy Enough For The French" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • gamera06
    Options
    I can't be the only frenchie around !?!
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    I dearly love France, and wish I could visit more often. I especially love Paris, but I keep wanting to visit Bretagne and Mont St. Michel again. What part of France do you live in?

Theo
  • gamera06
    Options
    I'm on the Riviera, in Cannes :-D
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    WOW!!!  I have only been to Cannes a couple of times, many, many years ago, but I loved it.  I also loved Nice, my only two stops on the Cote d'Azur.  I don't know if I'll make it back or not.  I don't go to France often, and usually just stay in Paris.  I'd love to take my wife to the Chateaux of the Loire Valley, and to Bretagne and Mont St. Michel, but we both find it awfully easy to just keep enjoying Paris.  Maybe some day we'll get there.

I envy you life in Cannes!

Theo
  • gamera06
    Options
    Hehe, don't ! It's steamy and packed of tourists now !

I'm better home cooking on the Egg !
  • BuBaQlishus
    Options
    Heading to France the first of the Month, Paris...Normandy and driving for two weeks...any suggestions from a french eggie?....and welcome...check out my site on the The Green Egg and I on FB and blog...just posted a great recipe for rope sausage...follow me for great tips...to come
  • gamera06
    Options
    Heading to France the first of the Month, Paris...Normandy and driving for two weeks...any suggestions from a french eggie?....and welcome...check out my site on the The Green Egg and I on FB and blog...just posted a great recipe for rope sausage...follow me for great tips...to come
    Nice trip you got here... many things to try in Normandy: BBQ camenbert (whole camenbert cooked in its wood box), salty lamb (agneau pré salé) in Mont St Michel, Seafood, Wine, etc...

I'll check your rope sausage receipt...