Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why do some people have no life?

Options
HappyEgger
HappyEgger Posts: 2
edited August 2011 in Root
I have just recieved 2 messages telling me about the other Egg site.  This came unsolicited from me (get a life!!!).  Listen, I know there is another forum.  I like it here.  I read what went down.  Some people over there are very bitter and nasty.  I read threads on here about the drama and it looks like people who think they are important on that other site are trying to sabotage this site by bumping old threads that advertise that site.

This new site has, from what I have seen, stood the high ground while those people over there have taken the low road.

I thank those who started this new site and those who decide to contribute here.  I have learned a lot about my Egg.  I just bough it 2 weeks ago. 

Burgers are about to go on.

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    It appears from your profile that you just joined less than 2 hours ago. How did you come to have so much knowledge about the history of the 2 sites?

For the last several days the posts on the other site have been back to cooking and other friendly content, with only rare instances of negativity toward this site. I regularly visit and post on both sites and, though this one needs more work, am content to continue on both. The moderator on the other site has also been 'yanking' anything he catches that is negative to this one.

You are badly mistaken about posts here - there have been many vitriolic posts over here against the 'old farts' and telling them to go back to the old site, etc...  Not so pure as you indicated.  There does not appear to be any active moderating going on over here, either.

Just trying to set things straight.  I'm trying to 'ride the fence'.  :O
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    I'd say there were episodes of low ground and high ground on both sides.  No need to revisit it......
    The Naked Whiz
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options