Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat Loaf - The food (Pics)

EggNorth
EggNorth Posts: 1,535
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Not sure why I have not done this on the Egg before now because it was excellent!

Hamburger
Catalina Salad Dressing
Eggs
Onions
Bread Crumbs
Salt, Pepper, garlic etc...

Mix all together and for a loaf, cook indirect on foil paper to catch fat.

On the grill:
Meat Loaf

Ready to eat:
Meat Loaf

Thank you for looking.
Dave
Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Picture perfect ! Looks delicious !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Great looking meal. Maybe some fish sauce next time?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Yum!
    How did you lift them off the grill grate without the foil bending and spilling grease anywhere?

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• EggNorth
    edited August 2011
    Have not tried fish sauce yet ... been looking for 3 crab (recommended on these forums) but no luck. Not sure who sells it in Canada.

To take off the without spilling grease I carefully lifted with a pizza spatula.

Forgot to mention, that to form the loaf I just filled a plastic container and them flipped and emptied to form the loaf.
    Dave
  • bcdon
    bcdon Posts: 17
    How much do they weigh? How long did you cook them and at what temp? Looks great!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    To take off the without spilling grease I carefully lifted with a pizza spatula.
    Thanks!

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• EggNorth
    bcdon -> Not sure on weight, always cook by temperature. I believe it was 77C (170F). Did not take very long, was not paying attention to time, maybe under an hour. They are probably about 2-3 inches thick.

Great questions everyone ... I will try to be a little more detailed next time.
    Dave
  • Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    I haven't tried meat loaf on the egg. I have to add that to my list. The best part about making meatloaf is the leftover meatloaf sandwiches. Sour doug or ciabatta bread with some cheddar, a slice of tomato and some Thomas sauce. Mmmm mmm, they are tasty.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • I Egg meat loaf often, one of my wife's faves. I cook at 350 dome indirect with a drip pan on spacers under meat loaf on cooking grate, pull at 155 internal. Works very well.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    That looks eggcellent! Egged meatloaf is the best. I'll never cook one in the oven again. Thanks for sharing.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Well they look delicious!  Catalina Salad dressing would never have crossed my mind... Was it a prominent flavor or did it just add to the overall moisture of the meatloaf?

I'd try that!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • EggNorth
    RE: Egg Juju - Catalina Salad Dressing

Not sure, this is my wife's familly recipe, probably adds to the moister, once cooked you do not even taste it (As long as you do not use too much)
    Dave