Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Q-Babes Sinfully Good Carrot Cake

Michael B
Michael B Posts: 986
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
I want to make Q-Babe's Sinfully Good Carrot Cake, but can't find her recipe. Can anyone post it, or maybe a way to get back to where Q-Babe posted it?

Thank you,
Michael B

Comments

• GeekGod
    GeekGod Posts: 52
    Looks like the search feature is broken on this forum. Using google it found it right off.
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    I just typed sinfully good carrot cake in the search box and found it so the search cant be too broken.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Egg Juju
    it isnt #1 on mine... using your link the first return in Google is for the desert lady website.

• GeekGod
    edited August 2011
    First link for me pointed back to http://www.eggheadforum.com/discussion/306987/x/p1 ... Not sure why it would be different for you. I am not logged into Google on that search so it should not be using location based searches.

Regardless look at the number of returns on the new forum search... 5!?

EDIT: go to the OLD forum and do the same search! This forum is BROKEN!
  • Egg Juju
    edited August 2011
    Maybe I am just confused... is the link that I posted in the second post not the recipe?

and qbabe carrot cake recipe returned it as the first result using the forum search.
  • Egg Juju
    First link for me pointed back to http://www.eggheadforum.com/discussion/306987/x/p1 ... Not sure why it would be different for you. I am not logged into Google on that search so it should not be using location based searches.

Regardless look at the number of returns on the new forum search... 5!?

EDIT: go to the OLD forum and do the same search! This forum is BROKEN!
    Perhaps we should agree to disagree... Really... the guy just wanted a recipe and I found it with one search on this forum.
  • GeekGod
    edited August 2011
    Glad it worked for you but when you use the search term I supplied above it does not work. Going to the old forum with the same term worked. I would paste that URL but I believe that is against the rules here.

My point is they need to work on the search indexing and I gave a concrete example. EDIT: I filed a 'bug report' here: http://www.eggheadforum.com/discussion/1134152/search-is-partially-broken
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    I just posted the recipe 10 minutes ago and I can not find it???
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Here 'tis from the 2006 FL Recipe book :

Sinfully Good Carrot Cake
    by Tonia Lambert (QBabe)

From "The Book Lovers Cafe Cookbook", Gourmet Vegetarian Recipes by Crystal Dougherty & Ian Schleifer. It's a tiny place inside a local bookstore that has super good food. I changed a couple of things, but this is such a good recipe, there's really not much to improve on...

2 cups flour
    2 tsp. baking powder
    2 tsp. baking soda
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    1/4 tsp. mace
    1 1/2 cups canola oil
    4 eggs
    3 cups grated carrot
    3/4 cups walnuts, chopped (the recipe called for them to be diced, but I thought that was too small, so I left them a bit larger, plus I added a few more to equal about 1 cup)
    1/2 cup raisins
    1/2 cup golden raisins (not in the original recipe, I added these)
    1 Tbs. lemon zest

Sift the dry ingredients into a separate bowl (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and mace). In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil together. Add eggs, one at a time, and incorporate each one before adding the next. Slowly add the flour mixture. Next add the carrots, raisins, walnuts, and lemon zest. Pour into two round 9-inch greased and floured cake pans (or three 8-inch pans). Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.

Turn the cake(s) out onto a rack and cool. Once they are cool, spread a layer of icing on the top of one round, set the other on top and finish icing the top and sides, being careful to not tear the cake and have crumbs on the outside. Garnish the sides of the cake with chopped walnuts, if desired.

Sinfully Good Spicy Cream Cheese Icing

8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
    6 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    2 to 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
    1/2 tsp. lemon zest (the original recipe called for 1/4 tsp, but I thought it tasted better with a bit more zing)
    1 Tbs. lemon juice
    1 tsp. ground cloves (the recipe said this was optional, but I would say it was essential)

At the Fest, I used a 10 x 14 inch rectangular cake pan, so I could serve more people, but at the bookstore, they do it in the round pans, and it's a very elegant cake when done that way.
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Thank you all. Several searches here didn't turn up anything productive. I didn't think to try Google. It is a great recipe; everybody loved the cake.