Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I....

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
So, I'm in the Egghead forum.   I find a discussion I want to read.  I click on it and am taken, apparently, to the point in it where unread posts begin.  I read, I scroll, I'm down at the bottom of this long discussion. 

How do I get back to the Egghead forum?  If I click on the "Back to Discussions" link, it takes me to "Latest Posts".  I don't want to be there.  I want to be in the Egghead forum.
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• jostheim
    jostheim Posts: 53
    Options
    EggheadForum link at the top of the discussion, or your back button on the browser.  That is what I've been doing.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Egghead link at the top of the discussion is, well, at the top of the discussion.  I'm at the bottom.  Back button takes you back.  It doesn't give you a refreshed page.  Seems like there should be a link at the bottom of the discussion, similar to the "Back to Discussions" link that takes you back to the forum.
    The Naked Whiz
  • jostheim
    Options
    Sorry that doesn't mesh with your usage.  For the old forum I always used the "back to index button" at the top of the discussion, and I used flat view so it is exactly the same for me. I do agree though a back to discussion button would be nice. Actually I see one to the left of "Post Comment" in the comment box... Posting this before I see what it actually does...

In terms of back button, the caching semantics should be changed so that does an actual reload instead of serving from cache, however I would guess the devs have bigger fish to fry.
  • jostheim
    Options
    Worked correctly took me right back to the egghead forum list...  So use the "Back to Discussions" button to the left of "Post Comment"
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    "If I click on the "Back to Discussions" link, it takes me to "Latest
    Posts".  I don't want to be there.  I want to be in the Egghead forum."

Back to discussions doesn't go back to the forum.
    The Naked Whiz
  • jostheim
    Options
    Guess I am no help then... can't say I didn't try :)
  • The_Buffalo
    Options
    "If I click on the "Back to Discussions" link, it takes me to "Latest
    Posts".  I don't want to be there.  I want to be in the Egghead forum."

Back to discussions doesn't go back to the forum.
    Can you send me the URL it take you to?
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    It seems that a link to the "current forum" has been added to the top of the discussion, but it needs to be at the bottom, perhaps next to the "Back to Discussions" link. Why force me to scroll all the way back to the top to get back to the forum?
    The Naked Whiz