Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

one crazy hunk of beef and pic of colorado yesterday

Options
eggor
eggor Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_0584_1.jpg
<p />looks like these guys got fooled into thinkin it's springtime out here[p]IMG_0585_1.jpg[p]and here is this hunk of cow that doesn't know what temp he wants to sit at.[p]guess i hit a vein of fat, 3 1/2 hours ago it read @ 177 dropped to 170 went up to 185 and is now sitting @ 157

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    eggor,
    What the heck? Is your remote going crazy? Your gowin backwards man.......... Maybe it's voodoo meat. You've been voodooed or somethin. Be carefull!

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    eggor,[p]Glad the chunk-o-chest situation is back to normal. Now relax with a beer & a shot. Up in Wyoming, we got the same storm last week....we are so dry, we need it.[p]It is pretty nice today and I'm cooking 2 pastramied corned flats (4 or 5 lb. each). In hour 6 at 220° grate, they are hanging at 150°. Also threw on some hocks (now twice smoked) for a pot of beans, some Tsunami Spin chicken tenders and have 2 salmon fillets in my electric.[p]Cheers
    ~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • eggor
    Options
    IMG_0586_1.jpg
    <p />Clay Q,[p]if someones been pickin my tail feathers, i want 'em back. NOW[p]LOL

• eggor
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]kinda figured you were running along the front range somewhere. we've been seeing snow for three days, man is spring ever gonna get here...[p]
    Scott

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    eggor,
    LOL....Nice looking bark on that crazy chunk and I'm sure it will turn out real nice, even if your going in circles to get it cooked. I'll tell ya, the weather here in Wisconsin is a bit nasty also- rain and snow mix so Im giving the egg a day off. [p]I have a big old boar that's coming out of hibernation next week and I'm going to need some advice on how to cook it so keep me in mind.
    Clay