Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

friday nite steak

Options
Austin  Egghead
Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Don, all bark no bite
DSCN0808.jpg

Multitasker until I get the screen
DSCN0811.jpg

Salted RT for 40 minutes, wiped off excessive salt and seasoned with pepper, garlic powder and lemon powder
DSCN0812.jpg

Horsey sauce
DSCN0815.jpg

Tater off coals and stuffed with 4 garlic cloves
DSCN0816.jpg

On the egg
DSCN0817.jpg

Peek a boo not sweating yet
DSCN0821.jpg

Turned and raised in the dome. Got to use my new woo
DSCN0824.jpg

Hot off the coals
DSCN0829.jpg

Rested and ready
DSCN0831.jpg

On the table
DSCN0830.jpg

What’s left
DSCN0833.jpg

Recipe:
Tater
Nuked high 3min, rolled in EVOO and wrapped. Placed on coals turned at 10 min. Total time on coals 20 min. Stuffed 4 cloves of garlic in the potato (garlic rolled in EVOO wrapped in moist paper towel and nuked hi for 15 seconds). Returned to egg and cooked with steak. Skin nice and crisp. Sprinkled with chives served with sour cream.

Horsey Sauce
3 tablespoons of heavy cream whipped to soft peak stage. 3 teaspoons of Bubbies prepared horseradish folded in.

Meat cooked old school, the way I was taught. Over hot coals, don't touch till it sweats then turn. Second side (new school) woo added and shut down all vents till temp read 325 then cracked vents. Pulled when felt right (temp was 124 to 127)
Thanks for looking

Come on tacodawg it your turn now
Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments