Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Paella

Options
brisket30
brisket30 Posts: 122
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Started with the oil, rice and lots of crushed garlic.

2011-07-24175233.jpg

Next, stirred in some red pepper, paprika, pepper, salt lemon zest, parsley, chicken stock and onion.

2011-07-24175834.jpg

And finally the meat cooked previously; spiced sausage, chicken marinated in olive oil, paprika, s/p and hot shot and finally some shrimp.

2011-07-24181916.jpg

It was fantastic and even better the next day for lunch.

Comments

• Austex_Egger
    Austex_Egger Posts: 153
    Options
    That looks real good! no final pics? :) Paella is on my list of things to try (damn that list is getting long).
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Great and daring cook! Paella is not easy and is time consuming. It is one of our favorite cooks on the grill (because the pan won't fit on the stove) and has everything in it from chicken, beef to seafood!

2010-07-21%202010-07-21%20001%20002.JPG?psid=1
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • brisket30
    Options
    Last pic is just before taking inside to eat. Forgot to take a pic plated to good to stop eating.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Looks really very good. Will have to try that. thanks for the post
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • TheHandleGuy
    Options
    Paella is awesome and one of my favorite things that I have never cooked. Very nice.

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    That looks really good. I've been wanting to try paella. Two questions - What temp do you cook it at? And is that the pan from World Market? Thanks in advance.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• brisket30
    Options
    I cooked it at 350 i Think, not real accurate because the pan was a little large for my LGBGE so I couldnt shut the lid all the way. I placed the egg feet under the lid so it would stay open just above the handle on the paella pan.

My wife bought the pan for me last christmas at Bed Bath and Beyond I believe.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Griffin,

Here is more information that you probably want on cooking paella on ceramic cookers: Paella Primer

It really isn't difficult or time consuming compared to a lot of things people regularly cook. It's fun to cook in front of your guests if the weather is nice. You can explain to them all about paella while they sip sangria and snack on tapas. It's a great dish.
    The Naked Whiz