Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frozen Peaches

BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i got some peaches i froze last year. anyone got some recomendations on how to free up some freezer space?

thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Peach cobbler is always good.
  • BENTE
    i have made cobbler from a can before but never from frozen or fresh peaches. do you have a recipe?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-peach-cobbler/detail.aspx

This one is really good. I suggest mixing the creme cheese with the cake mix. Cut it in. I've never baked it in the EGG, but I'm sure it would add Eggy goodness.

I know the cake mix and creme cheese sound odd, but man it's good.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Aside from the obvious, you could throw some partially frozen peaches in the blender with some vanilla ice cream, for an awesome shake. Maybe add a shot of lightnin.
  • BENTE
    thanks ron there is a good idea ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    thanks i was wondering how to make them into a syrup that could cobble :laugh:

hope you are well richard i dont get on here as much as i would like.. it is good to see your name on here ;)

have a good one pal B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    thnaks man that sounds really good i'm not sure about the cream cheese but i have not had too many things suggested from this board (that included cream cheese) that i did not like. so i will give it a spin

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I'm with Ron on this one.Peach Daiquiris. B)
  • BENTE
    ;)

it does sound really good since it is sooo damn hot

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I use frozen peaches in my smoothie every morning. -RP
  • BENTE
    thanks randy but i am not a hippie who drinks smoothies :S

haha hope you and the filly are well ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Just use the recipe you got from me Terry. Thaw them in a bowl overnight with a little sugar. They will make plenty of juice. If you don't want them to brown, sprinkle lemon juice over them.
    Easy peasy unless you need to make another run to my place for a DO. LOL
  • BENTE
    it must have gotten deleted wasn't it from a boy scout magazine? can you put the link up here and i can save it in my favorites?.

thanks tom

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb