Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

no rest for the wok

Options
DanB
DanB Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Breakfast wasn't enough wokking for one day. My second cook of the day was chicken stir fry. Today pretty much destroyed the wok spatula that's been sitting in the kitchen drawer for decades, since my last attempt at wok cooking. A wok just doesn't work on an electric stove. After wokking on the BGE, I can see why. BTW, you pretty much want to do most of this with the welder's gloves on.

Slice up some boneless chicken breasts, and shake them up with some cornstarch, ginger, tsunami spin, and soy sauce in a bag and let them sit while you're chopping the veggies.

veggies are garlic, onion, carrots, celery, cabbage, green pepper, snow peas
540e5885.jpg

put the chicken in the wok with a bit of oil, for maybe 5 minutes until it's cooked.
06e12701.jpg

when the chicken is cooked, put it aside while you cook the veggies for about five minutes
20f65a5d.jpg

put the chicken back in with a cup of water and some more soy sauce, and cook a bit more until it's ready to eat
91294d09.jpg

I think the patina's getting better. Not bad for just two cooks.
d507391b.jpg

- dan

Comments