Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dessert with leftover pizza dough

IQ2
IQ2 Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I didn't want my leftover pizza dough to go to waste, and needed to foster my BGE addiction:
Ready for the pizza stone
f7d63d1a.jpg
350 degrees
5f468ce6.jpg
Finished.... very tasty. Isn't everything with real butter? :P
dcdd6005.jpg
Paula West Texas

Comments

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    great idea.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • mxdad
    mxdad Posts: 47
    I didn't get a pic but also found a good way to use up the extra dough the weekend. I had a dough ball left from last Sundays pizza cook and used it on Sat so it had almost a week in fridge. I had wrapped it in plastic wrap and placed that in a ziplock.

I rolled the dough out in an oblong shape, brushed EVOO down the middle,added minced garlic, fresh basil leaves and fresh mozzarella. Folded each side over the middle so it was sort of shaped like a loaf of french bread. Brushed the outside with EVOO and sprinkled a little salt on. Cooked on pizza stone at about 500. Turned out really well and was a quick use of left over dough
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 20
    Those look like what mom used to make only bigger. SHe used to fold a peach slice in each, with a little sugar. mmmm

I have seen fruit pizza at Pizza Hut, just spread the pie filling it all out on the shaped dough, bake it and then drizzle of icing glaze after.

My son works at Jet's Pizza and they used to make breadsticks then butter and cinnamon/sugar with icing "dip." That is good too.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    So, cherry filling? Great idea. Would work for a fest cook also.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Yes it is! ;) I think that is a GREAT use of leftovers! :)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    What did you fill them with? Looks great.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• IQ2
    IQ2 Posts: 37
    Filled with apple, cherry, or pineapple pie filling, and a few with fresh peaches off our tree. I sprinkled cinnamon and sugar mixture on the fillings before I buttered and "attempted" to close them.
    Paula West Texas
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I'll have to give that a shot next time we make pizza. I always have extra dough left over. Bet that would be good with some Blue Bell icecream on top.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings