Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Potato Chip Chicken! ??

Options
Da Kine Green BBQ
Da Kine Green BBQ Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A long time ago, when I was a poor starving college student, I had to be creative when cooking. I learned to cook with stuff I had on-hand. You know, like the way some people learn to like drinking coffee black - you run out of sugar and milk. So you drink it anyway.

So, since I was bored today, and didnt have anything else to do, I decided to make my Potato Chip Chicken.

It's easy:

Take your favorite potato chip flavor - I use Lay's Barbecure Chips, of course, and smash them. Rather than waste a brand new bag, you can do this when you get close to the end of the bag. . . and roll your chicken parts in the crumbs.

54e5ebe2.jpg

Cook them indirect, at 350 degrees:

5323a388.jpg

Ahhhh - plated for lunch:

996acaf8.jpg

The potato taste comes thru. I suggest using leaner chicken cuts, I used thighs and legs, too much grease. But geeze - quite tasty and check that color.

One thing - although the crust looks crispy, this is not so. The chips soften - probably becuase of the amount of grease in there.

Hmmmm - try this with salad croutons next?

Comments