Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pastrami

Brazilian_Egg
Brazilian_Egg Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday we made Pastrami using Third Eye's recipe.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1996/05/beef-pastrami.html

Turned out excellent. Everyone was loving the results.

Placed on the egg at 250 dome.
IMG_20110724_075216.jpg

Did a light smoke with pecan until they hit 150 internal. Took about 5 hours.
IMG_20110724_121421.jpg

At this point they were wrapped in foil and finished in the oven. Took them out at 170 internal temp and rested.

IMG_20110724_142142.jpg

Really moist and full of flavor. Now I want to buy a deli slicer and do this more often.

Comments

• That looks really good! I've only done a couple of flats so far but I need to give a point a try...was afraid it would be too fatty but you've changed my mind. A slicer does make it nice.

BD
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    That looks amazing
    Very nice cook :)

Shane
  • I've used Thirdeye's recommendation for Pastrami 4 times. Everytime it is perfect. He has some good calls!

Nice Pastami!! Now I want a Rueben...

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Very, very nice. I tried that recipe out a few months back, and it really is out of this world! Great job! I still have some leftovers in my freezer...may have to pull them out soon for lunch purposes.
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    I did one of these about two weeks ago. His recipe is spot on. Makes some great sandwiches. I bought some light and bread and invited some friends over. They never knew you could make pastrami. Glad it turned out great. Manta great sandwiches. Thanks for the picture. Looks like it came out great.