Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

two butt cook

UPEgger
UPEgger Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fired up the LBGE Friday at 3P to 230F. Let run naked for one hour. Put the platesetter in, feet up. Placed a 15"x10.25"x.75" foil cookie sheet on the platesetter as a drip pan. Placed a 10.60# and 9.75# pork butt next to each other and closed the lid. I had rubbed the butts earlier with yellow mustard, then Texas BBQ Grand Champion Rub. They were then placed in the reefer for approx 4 hrs. I left the dome temp @ 230 for the entire cook. Amazingly, both butts came to 195F at the same time. 21hrs, 30mins. Let them rest for two hrs, wrapped in foil and towels, in my cooler. Then took them out and pulled them. We actually ate at around 6PM. Made up two quarts of the Western North Carolina(piedmont) style sauce. Everyone raved about the pulled pork and the sauce. This was my first two butt cook, and for a group more than 4 people. I did not want to be short of meat or sauce, and did have some pork and sauce left over. I did not weigh the finished product but would guess we wound up with no more than14 lbs of pulled pork. What DID surprise me was quite a few people just piled the pulled pork on their plate and spooned some sauce over it. Had a LOT of dinner rolls left over. UPEgger.

Comments