Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

breakfast on the wok

Options
DanB
DanB Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First time using the wok, first time posting pictures. This will take some editing.

Darn. Still puzzling out how to do this from an iPad.

Anyway, I got a new wok from CGS a few days ago, and I figured I'd use it for breakfast today. Turkey bacon, onions, tomatoes, eggs, and some EggBeaters since I don't want that many whole eggs. Pictures as soon as I figure it out.

the start
4eb47780.jpg

turkey bacon
db6d7da4.jpg

onions
04717c2d.jpg

tomatoes
df9c0045.jpg

Saute for a while
8cb217da.jpg

eggs
2e3f6b8b.jpg

done
c9a29082.jpg

- dan

Comments

• DanB
    Options
    Yeah, I know, the finished product doesn't look the greatest, but it tasted pretty good.

- dan
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Food looks fine, you have a great patina on that wok, how did you do it?? I just got my wok from Tom also and trying to season it before use. It dosen't look like that :sick: :unsure: :pinch: :)
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Nice job Dan
    I just got my wok going on the Egg
    Breakfast sounds good :)

Shane
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Looks like a dang good breakfast from my end.

GG
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    That is one fine wok you have there Dan! Nice breakfast too.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • DanB
    Options
    I seasoned it the day I got it, just a few days ago. Scrubbed off all the oil on it with soap & water & a scotchbrite sponge. Dried it off. Nice and shiny silver color at that point.

Fired up the Egg and let it get up to maybe 450 degrees I think, maybe 500. Put the wok on the spider (spider up, not down) and closed the lid. Checked on it after a while, and saw a nice pretty blue in about a four inch circle in the bottom. Left it in a while longer, repositioning it every once in a while, as much as a closed dome will allow anyway. When it got to the color it is now, I took it out and let it cool off a bit.

After it cooled down some, I put in some grapeseed oil and wiped it around with a paper towel, using welder's gloves since it was still pretty hot. Put it back on the Egg for a bit, and took it out, added a bit more oil, and wiped it again. Kept doing this until the paper towel didn't have black stuff on it anymore. Then I let it cool down and hung it from the potrack until this morning.

- dan