Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

first time homemade pizza dough

outrageous
outrageous Posts: 803
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
have always used store bought pizza dough to make pizzas... today decided to make my own... not bad, not great but learned some stuff.. will continue to play with it and will get better...

basic cheese pizza before going on large egg

2011-07-23_15-06-51_297.jpg

off the egg

2011-07-23_15-20-06_132.jpg

crust... need to be better

2011-07-23_15-21-38_952.jpg

overall not bad...

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    If its edible, (most, err, some, of mine are) consider it a success. The pizzaiolo at the best place near me has said that he has worked on his dough for 11 years, and he is still learning.

For learning, I'd say go easy on the toppings. Once the bread is good, everything else is just sort of icing on the cake.
  • Austex_Egger
    Austex_Egger Posts: 153
    Looking good! I have yet to try my own crust. The pre-made (Mama-Mia) crusts have turned out so well. What temp did you cook at? What was your set-up?
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    indirect, legs up, grid and pizza stone.. cooked at 475... should have been higher and should have let pizza stone get hotter...i rushed it and should have known better..

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Smokinb
    Smokinb Posts: 103
    What was your cook set up? My tops don't get quite that done before the crust gets browner.
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    Your a step ahead of me. I just get my dough from my local pizza guy then add toppings. Great job, any pizza you make on the egg is great they just keep getting better.