Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 BGE Cookbook Recipes-Stuffed Chops & Tomato Pie

Options
Egg Juju
Egg Juju Posts: 658
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was hunting for some recipe ideas in the Big Green Egg cookbook when the wife saw the stuffed pork chops. I wanted to try this the first time I saw it and was glad that she thought they sounded good.

I asked the butcher at Whole Foods to cut me some 2 bone chops and they were like small roasts. :) The chops have a poblano cream sauce underneath and are stuffed with a cornbread and chorizo stuffing. We served it with the tomato pie recipe from the same book, which is similar to the one we usually make, but has bacon. It was good, but too much bacon flavor. That is one of the few times I will say such a thing. :lol:

I will let the pics do the talking form here.

Pork_Other%25252043.jpg

Pork_Other%25252045.jpg

Pork_Other%25252047.jpg

Pork_Other%25252048.jpg

Pork_Other%25252052.jpg

Pork_Other%25252055.jpg

This is where I am really glad I have a small egg too. I added the new platesetter and the tomato pie was cooked on it whilst the chops were grilling on the large. The crust was very nice and crisp and the top browned well too. It's good in the oven, but wow what a difference the egg makes!

1.jpg

Other_Sides%25252057.jpg

Other_Sides%25252059.jpg

Other_Sides%25252061.jpg

Pork_Other%25252051.jpg

Pork_Other%25252053.jpg

It really was one of the more delicious things I have ever made. The poblano cream sauce had a little cornmeal in it for thickening which made it sort of like a thin polenta and was a perfect compliment. I don't think anyone could complain about cornbread and chorizo either.

Thanks for taking a look!

Juju
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com

Comments