Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

And Theyre Off

Options
oldfishinglure
oldfishinglure Posts: 235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Your screen is different then I've seen before. Looks like slider with metal and screen in one, no?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I think your bottom vent may be discombobulated. :blink: I THINK the screen part is supposed to be behind the solid part and possibly turned the other direction. :huh:
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    284561_2278435077749_1154910653_2776037_3835712_n.jpg
    Doesnt look like were getting ready for a low n slow..Rubbing Alch start...Matt
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    Heck I dont use that thing its only for looks... :whistle: :evil:

I cant remember last time i used it...Maybe thats why I put it on wrong...LOL..... :laugh:

Had the black door for so long on it when I finally caved and did an upgrade guess I must have put it on wrong. :laugh:
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    Hehe :ohmy: Guess I out the round hole in da square peg..HA 14 years and I put her shoes on the wrong feet
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Are you sure that rubbing alcohol was the only adult beverage involved? :blink: :blink: :laugh:

Blair

• jzcc
    jzcc Posts: 123
    Options
    I don't know where you live, but here in N. TX it's so dry, I'd be deathly afraid of not using the screen for fear of setting the whole neighborhood on fire!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: B) If it works,fugeetaboutit!The screen goes inside,the solid door goes on the outside. ;)
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    I live in Oklahoma right across the red river Ardmore. I had a hose out just waterd back yard.

Ive cooked on Eggs for 14 years and have seen my share of indfernos out the top and bottom but have never caught anything on fire other than a handle and an egg table... :laugh:
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    No wasnt the only adult bev :sick:

Starting with rubbing alch is napalm...But only lasts a few seconds my wife was quick with her Iphone.

Im not that crazy to have a raging fire in Oklahoma in Summer... :blink:
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I can't dig the screen also, I use it as one with the steel.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Have a great butt cook and a great weekend. B)

I see your bottom vent door is put together wrong. I read where you already know that. What ever works for you. I see you have lots of eggsperence just hope you don't have a boo boo. The older eggs never had a screen to begin with. Forgive me for saying something but, I feel that is what this forum is all about. Helping and sharing and suggesting. Tim ;)
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    1000000178.JPGCooked a little lower through night than I wanted. Was at 200-210 dome this 7 am..Took the opp to stir and wake it up when I took the shot...Back up to 250 ...

Neighbors have come out this morn to have coffee and have smelled and inquired.. :evil: Wife posted a few pics on her FB...Already had 3 folks invite themselves over for evening :S ..

Since were going over 100 some today and we dont own a pool I will sell out to whichever friend invites us over for pool and drinks :laugh: Im not proud I can be bought :evil: :P B)
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Awesome Matt! Have fun today.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    Went out to Breakfast and to Walmart to get another for tonight :P so missed the 200 Came home to 206. Off the Egg Wrapped in Foil Toweled and Cooler'ed...Blues Hog waiting patiently...

1000000180.JPG1000000181.JPG

Happy Saturday Folks...

Matt
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • brisket30
    brisket30 Posts: 122
    Options
    Looks great Mike
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Looking perfect Matt! :)

Do you really need old fishing lures to catch old fish?

Blair

• oldfishinglure
    Options
    Yes old hookers may not mean much to some but to others they are very special :whistle: :laugh:

Matt
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com