Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled cod?

Bash
Bash Posts: 1,011
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a good recipe for grilled cod? I searched the forum and got no hits for cod - this was a few months back.

Anyway, I fried some, which turned out great. Tasty, nice texture, but of course not very healthy. So the time after that I grilled it, and it was terrible. We threw the leftovers out.

If anyone has had success with grilled cod, I'd love to hear it.

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Not a recipe for cod specifically, but a good way to grill fish on the egg is to cut a lemon into thin slices, lay the lemon on the grid with the fish on top, rub with a small amount of EVOO and sprinkle on your favorite rub//seasoning. Cook on a raised grid around 400 degrees.
    Hope this helps :)
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    If it has been previously frozen, try to wrap it first in a few paper towels and suck out the excess water. Brush with olive oil, dust with s+p or a little rub (I like DP Raising the Steaks), put a few thin slices of lemon on the top, cook till it flakes without turning, just like you would bake it in the oven. I also use a non-stick grill pan. Make up a batch of Emeril's dill sauce to put on after plating.

Lemon Dill Sauce

Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2000
    Prep Time:15 minInactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time:10 minLevel: -- Serves: -- .

Ingredients
    1/2 cup minced shallots
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    Juice of one lemon
    1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
    Salt and pepper

Directions

In a saucepan, combine the shallots, garlic, wine, and lemon. Bring the liquid up to a boil. Stir in the dill and cook for 3 minutes. Whisk in the mustard and cream, continue to cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the butter a cube at a time, until all the butter is incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
  • hedclown
    hedclown Posts: 10
    I cookd indirect 300 with the cod brushed with olive oil and on tinfoil.. makes awesome fish tacos
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    You can throw some fresh herbs directly on the coals. Fennel, dill, tarragon. Whatever you like.
  • Bash, cod is a pretty flaky fish when cooked so I don't recommend throwing it directly onto the grate. You could cook it in a foil pack with butter, wine, and shredded veggies or what I like to do is blanch large swiss chard leaves and wrap individual fillets. The leaves will char and hold the fish together.