Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Simple dinner tonight but a homerun.

Options
Dave in Florida
Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had some thinner cut ribeyes, so I decided tonight was a good night for steak sandwiches.

Garlic toasted buns.

IMAG0008.jpg

Plate full of ribeyes. OMG they were tender and juicy. Cooked at 550 on CI grid for 3 mins. on each side. topped with grilled onions.

IMAG0006.jpg

And then I added to surprise for my wife. Pioneer Woman's Perfect Potatoes Au Gratin. If you have not tied these you are missing a treat!

IMAG0007.jpg

Look while you can, it did not last long after hitting the plate.

IMAG0009.jpg

I forgot who posted and recommended the Pioneer Woman's Perfect Potatoes Au Gratin, but THANK YOU. Those potatoes are awesome.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I'm startin to not like you anymore. :laugh: SWEET!!! ;)
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    What a Guy!!!!!!!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You did GOOD....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Options
    Looks outstanding from here, dave,
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Great looking cook. It's always great when a meal comes out great.

Do you have or have a link to the recipe you used. Did a quick google and found multiple recipes.

GG
  • reccitron
    reccitron Posts: 176
    Options
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    @Grandpas Grub, this is the recipe I used.

Pioneer Woman's Perfect Potatoes Au Gratin
    Ingredients
    • 4 whole Russet Potatoes, Scrubbed Clean
    • 2 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
    • 1-½ cup Heavy Cream
    • ½ cups Whole Milk
    • 2 Tablespoons Flour
    • 4 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced (1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
    • 1 teaspoon Salt
    • Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
    • 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Freshly Grated (I used mild)
    Preparation Instructions
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    Smear softened butter all over the bottom of a baking dish.
    Slice potatoes, then cut slices into fourths.
    In a separate bowl, whisk together cream, milk, flour, minced garlic, salt, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
    Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour 1/3 of the cream mixture over the potatoes.
    Repeat this two more times, ending with the cream mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and really bubbling. Add grated cheese to the top of the potatoes and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Ohhhhh that's not going to be good for the belt line but somethings just have to be done!

Thanks much for posting.

Kent
  • Fletch 'n Teggxas
    Options
    Hey Dave, I'm glad you tried out the recipe! I posted them a week or so ago but my wife found the recipe and it was her idea to make them. It's hard to explain how AWESOME they are!

Looks like you used all the garlic they called for. Make the house smell great doesn't it??

6f4b1f3c.jpg
  • TheHandleGuy
    Options
    I am soooo sold on those taters! That looks fabulous.

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    Fletch, I couldn't remember who posted it but it got me wanting to try them. THEY ARE PURE EVIL! Best tasting taters the wife and I have had in a long time.

I thought the garlic was going to be a little over the top. NAW, the smell of them baking just made your mouth water. And then the taste just made you eat till you were stuffed.

• Fletch 'n Teggxas
    Options
    Yeah, they're bad to the bone...it has enough cream, milk, and butter to kill a cow!!! I told my wife it's like a Paula Dean recipe but with butter! :laugh: