Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woking on my Mini

chocdoc
chocdoc Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So got myself and nice little typhoo wok, seasoned it before my trip up north. Bought a wok ring for the mini - unfortunately wok doesn't sit down in it so had to remove it.

Made stir fried beef and onions - rib eye slices, toyomansi and garlic, onion slices. Nothing else required.

Tried to put a bit too much in there for the size so didn't get the fast cook I hoped for - but it's a learning curve.

5959338393_5c17b98a4e.jpg
DSCN3672 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Checking the temperature with my Canadian Tire infrared thermometer.

5959336557_b6320cd7e6.jpg
DSCN3674 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Beef first.

5959898410_7cd20ff7df.jpg
DSCN3675 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Then the onions.

5959336681_ba386ffa23.jpg
DSCN3678 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Then eat!

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,431
    That's cool! Never thought you could wok on a Mini!

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dubah
    dubah Posts: 60
    Nice looking meal. I'll need to get the Woo for my "new to me Mini."
    I like the Egg stabilizers in the nest. I'm still trying to figure out a good method for mine.
    What'd you cut your finger on?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,457
    Kerry, how do you like the crappy tire toy? nice patina on the wok. and what did you do to your left index finger? No cooking for us at Niagara this year, cooks registration is full and the banner isn't up yet :whistle: Will probably make it a day trip.
    Gary
    canuckland
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    My friend Anna sharpened my paring knives, I have cuts on two fingers (two cuts on one from another knife I was using to make an orange garnish for a posh cocktail).

That Crappy tire IR works just fine! Wait for a sale though - you can get them cheap.

We'll miss your cooking Gary - but it will give us more time to chat.
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    That looks great.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Put in about half of what you did for each round of cooking. Let the Wok overpower it's victim. :evil:
    T_H
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    I can now justify buying a mini

/thumbs up
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle