Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CrayCort Grills

EGGARY
EGGARY Posts: 1,222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dumb ass question:

The CrayCort Grill that I ordered for my XL came in. I plan on using it today for Rib Eyes. My question is: Do I wash it before I use it ? I plan on putting oil on it as well.

Another question: Which side of the grate do I use or can I use either side ? One side is flat and the other side is raised. I know this isn't rocket science but that's me. :)

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Heat it, oil it, and use the raised side for the grill marks on your steak. I am sure they will turn out great!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Flat is griddle mode,raised is for sear marks.Depends on what you are cooking.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I have two CrayCorts and like them very much.
    It is pre-seasoned, so there is really no need to oil it, but it won't hurt if you do. Maybe better to rub a little EVOO on your steaks instead.
    FYI, cast iron does not need much cleaning, leave it cruddy and cook on it, the heat kills any bad stuff and the crud protects the CI and helps keep food from sticking :):)