Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

medium egg doesnt come with porcelain grid?

Options
tomah
tomah Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hello everyone! i just received my BGE and i finally had some free time to assemble it. when i opened the box, i noticed that i did not get a porcelain coated grid. mine is a raw metal finish.

is that the way its supposed to be? i have the V-rack for ribs n roasts and it has a nice smooth black porcelain coat on it

Comments

• Grand Oeuf Vert
    Grand Oeuf Vert Posts: 1,631
    Options
    BGE's were upgraded to Stainless Steel Grids this year.
  • tomah
    Options
    Grand Oeuf Vert wrote:
    BGE's were upgraded to Stainless Steel Grids this year.

awesome! thanks for the quick answer GOV!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Also, the new and improved models come
    with a Tel-Tru themo . . .
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • tomah
    Options
    loco_engr wrote:
    Also, the new and improved models come
    with a Tel-Tru themo . . .

sweet! i guess i got the latest revision of ze egg!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Good news then.

If you have been around the forum before you registering,then you know that BGE has had issues with the adhesive with the gaskets. Will be interesting to see how yours holds up. Hopefully by now, that has been corrected.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap