Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

N. TX Supper Club

Tweety
Tweety Posts: 455
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been offline for a couple of weeks and wanted to know if anything ever got organized for our "Egghead Supper Club"?

I think that Clark56 who originally posted the idea is now BBQ Hippie. I saw July 30th suggested, but haven't found anything after that.

We're definitely interested in a once a month supper club of eggcelent food! Let me know if anyone else knows if July 30th is a good date or if we need to plan something else.

Comments

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    You need to be planning a trip to Denver for Augusdt 6th!!!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Tweety
    I know! Can't talk Clay into the airfare though. :( Are you guys cooking there or just observing? We weren't sure how to take cooking stuff on a plane.

How are you guys doing it?
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I think it died from lack of interest. Jeri..jzcc...said she sent him/her an email and never got a reply. That's the last I've heard.
  • Tweety
    I talked to Jeri this morning and we're trying to put "plan B" into effect. Are you guys available on July 30th?
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I don't have a clue! Bonnie usually works on Saturdays. :(
  • jzcc
    jzcc Posts: 123
    Hopefully, we'll hear back from Clark56/BBQ Hippie soon to firm up the details. If not, I still think this is a great idea and we should get something else going. The date still works for us. Anybody else game?

Jeri
  • Tweety
  • Tweety
    We were thinking of dinner, would Bonnie be off by then?
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    This is the first time we are not cooking. I think it might be boring because I like to cook. I told Charlotte and Richard they had to let me help them cook :laugh: Sure will miss you :kiss:
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Tammie,
    Let us know what the plans are. We have no problem driving up to the Metroplex and I don't we have any plans for that weekend. Since the kids live in Dallas we have a place to stay and we get to see the grandskids :woohoo:

This will be the first trip for the mini.

Email me the info. I am doing a lot of traveling this month, but I do lurk every night

Gracie Allen\'s Classic Recipe for Roast Beef
    1 large Roast of beef, 1 small Roast of beef
    Take the two roasts and put them in the oven.
    When the little one burns, the big one is done
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Tweety
    Awesome, sounds like you need to be here! If everyone who has a mini could bring it, we should have plenty of eggs to cook on plus what size egg the host has.

All we know right now is a tentative date for July 30th.

Will keep you posted. Hope you can make it!
  • BBQ Hippie
    BBQ Hippie Posts: 49
    Sorry to all who have been waiting for me. Life kinda got in the way for a minute

I have a large and a couple of people have offered to bring minis.
    I am thinking
    Pot Luck Dinner and BYOB.

Light the egg about 5:30
    Guests arrive at 6:00
    Throw on some quick appetizers
    Drink a little bit of wine
    Eat the appetizers
    Throw on a tri-tip for a quick roast
    Grill some desert while eating dinner

What do you think? What would you like to bring?

I am reluctant to post my address publicly. Send ping me for directions

Ps: The pool is open for business
  • jzcc
    jzcc Posts: 123
    What a great idea! This sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

1. Please consider this an RSVP for two!

2. If others are bringing their BGEs to augment your large, you might want to consider having them arrive before the rest of the guests so that they can fire up their eggs when you do. Also, we would be happy to bring our Small if you think that would be helpful.

3. Once you have a final tally of how many guests you will have, you might want to alert the rest of us so that we will know how much food to bring. For example, a dish that will serve X number of people.

4. It also would be helpful to know what you & Mary are providing so that we can determine what side dish would be appropriate.

5. With this heat, your pool will be a bonus (even if just to dip our feet)!

6. I will send you my email addy; you might want to ask the others to do the same. That way, you can set up a group mailing to all of us privately. This would also serve to take further discussion of this event off-line.

Lastly, many thanks for the invitation! We've learned from attending a couple of fests, that Eggers, great food and fun times go hand in hand! It's also a terrific learning experience to watch how others cook.

Jeri
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I'm interested, but will have to check with the boss/wife to see if we have any plans.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings