Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cement block with Stainless Table??

Options
PattyO
PattyO Posts: 883
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
http://southernspecialtiesoutdoor.com/
I'm biting the bullet and buying the corner unit from Southern Specialties for a Lg and Med egg, also a mini replica of the large table to fit my mini. Ouch. YOu may have seen these at some fests. But my question to you guys, I know to use the green feet, but should I still use the cement square under the BGEs? When I got my first "BGE" brand table they never told me to use the fire brick, but I learned it on this forum so I'll trust you folks to help this time too. That BGE table did not weather well the first season. Early this year I had it painted and tiled and a matching one built for two eggs and they look like crap so instead of throwing good money after bad, I'll shoot the wad and have something that will last. Hell, I have no heirs.

Comments

• Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Options
    PattyO wrote:
    Hell, I have no heirs.

Remember I asked nice to be left your cast iron. :laugh:
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    I don't think you need the little green feet either

Careful laying something on the SS table that may leave a rust mark on your table

Sounds nice
  • PattyO
    Options
    I sure don't want to scratch it up with the cement block, but I don't want the heat to warp or damage the steel.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Patty, You might be able to find a high heat mat for the top on the table. That way you can set hot stuuf on it without issues. Check restaurant supply places. If you can't find anything I can check around here.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Hi Patty, just so you know, I am available for adoption :laugh: :laugh:
    I think I would use the green feet just to put a little air space between the egg and the steel to avoid possible warping from the heat. I do not think you need a paver at all.
    Sounds like you are going to have a great setup :):)
    see you soon :)
  • PattyO
    Options
    When, Frank?
    October JJ Fire fest? Or before in Pgh or Niagara? Not waiting until March Melbourne, are we?
  • PattyO
    Options
    Like a trivet? I do have a restaurant supply store very close by, thank you.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Longer than a trivet. Good luck.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Patty,
    I have my mini on a glass table. Here is my set up top down: Mini is on BGE feet, feet on concrete block (12x12) and what you cant see is the concrete block on silicon pot holder.
    MiniandJack.jpg

I bought them at Sur La Table here is the link: (on pg 2)
    http://www.surlatable.com/search/searchContainer.jsp;jsessionid=B736DC7FC73BEFD1F7F93F5BAA5695C0?q=trivets&s=true#

BTW no star rating as a pot holder
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx