Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Multi Egg owners (and others)....HELP !!

BGElovr
BGElovr Posts: 83
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Multi Egg owners, I’d like your thoughts please. I just bought my 5th Egg, a new, never registered medium with nest. The others are 1- 3 year old medium, 1- 5 year old small, 1-older mini and 1-mini still new in the box. I need to scale back and curb my “obsession” :woohoo: (says my girlfriend who knows nothing about the appeal of the Big Green Egg other than the food is delicious). I want to keep two eggs. I live alone in an apartment and have a few friends and family over on occasion. Which two should I hang onto? Should I sell 4 and get a large? :huh: Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    I have a small and large combo. I like it a lot. The large for bigger cooks and the small for every day stuff for the 4 of us. If it were me I would keep a medium small and mini. By the way if you want to get rid of a mini I would be intrested.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    well this is about the most confusing thing i have read yet.. :huh: you have a med and bought another.. :blink: two minis.... :unsure: no space for what you have and yet you got another... :whistle: girl friend thinks you have to many and yet you got another...... :evil: I would sell one mini and maybe the older med and buy the lg and xl you are missing....... B) i really see nothing wrong with the set up you have.. other than the eggs you are missing....
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I have the large/small combo, two in fact, one in Florida and one in Cincinnati, and we like it a lot, very versatile Cooked four racks on the large yesterday and some dessert tarts on the small for a dinner party. But I gotta go along with Julie, get rid of your duplicates and just finish out the family, you are almost there!! :woohoo:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    lg sm is a good combo. But I like the mini, sm, md, lg, xl one myself :whistle:
  • PawpawEgg
    PawpawEgg Posts: 26
    The cheapest option in the long run is a new girlfriend! I mean really, today she is pushing for you to sell the eggs. What's tomorrow, your manhood?
  • BGElovr
    Kokeman, I’ll keep you in mind for a mini if I decide to sell one.
    Julie, nice to know I am not the only one confused here. :S
    Frank, Lg/ small sounds like a good combo. Seems to be quite a few of those out there.
    At the rate I’m going Julie, the whole family may be on my porch before the month’s out. :woohoo:
    Pawpaw…not getting rid of the girlfriend. She’s a keeper AND Italian. ;)
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    1 large and 1 med....
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I live by myself also and just have a medium though I'm toying with adding a small for travel.
    Two mediums would mean that you could swap eggcessories or parts. A medium and a small would probably be nice though. I really can't see adding a large if you have two mediums or two mediums and a small.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    You asked for my opinion so here it is. The key word here is "girlfriend". Why should she have a say in what you keep and what you don't? I'd say send her packing and keep'um all. The egg's never talk back! ;)

Mike
    Omaha, NE

Edited to add: I come from a hunting family and it is a big part of my life. My girlfriend told me I should get rid of a few rifles and I told her she would go first. She left.

But, she came back and has hunted with me, even in Africa. We will celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary this August. A good bluff can work!! :laugh:

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Lg & Mini or maybe a small.

GG
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    bubba tim wrote:
    1 large and 1 med....

I'm with this guy
  • Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    I have a large and a mini. I'm very happy with that choice so far. :D
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    need to scale back and curb my “obsession”
    Nope, you have a collection. :) An obsession would be if you liked collecting dirty socks. B) ..or is that a fetish?. :whistle: ...get the two confussed :silly: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    BTW collection :) is large, small and mini
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • field hand
    field hand Posts: 420
    I have an xl and a small, this combo seems to work well for us. The xl covers the big meat events with the small covering the side dishes, etc. For day to day meals, the small is great.

Barry
    Marthasville, MO
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Remember, no matter how great they are, there is a guy out there that was tired of her crap. She is your girlfriend because another guy is tired of her crap.

It's your Eggs. Keep them all if you want.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Wow... I thought I had problems with deciding on a smaller egg to carry in the RV (my xl is just too big)

I need to talk to you about which one i need...

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• Keep the Eggs and find an egg friendly chick!
  • BGElovr
    Thanks for all of your opinions and suggestions guys. I think I will find a large and an XL :whistle: and then, when I have a complete “set/family”, I’ll scale back. And as far as the girlfriend, for the most part, I was playing. :laugh: She’s okay with my eggs, but she doesn’t understand why any single man would need/ want that many Green Eggs.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Truer words were never spoken!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • field hand
    field hand Posts: 420
    We RV with a small. It's transportable at 65 lbs, nest is separate. The medium is about 100 lbs, more than I want to handle. Small has plenty of cooking room for two. Works for us.

Barry
    Marthasville, MO
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    I have a large, a medium, a small and a mini. The large is the least used of them all, and is pretty much reserved for big, slow cooks (like multiple butts and ribs). The small gets the most use, followed closely by the medium and then the mini.

I would probably use the medium more than the small, if I had my medium in a table instead of a nest. It unnerves me, every time I have to move it.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • I have two larges and like being able to switch around all the eggcessories like grids, drip pans, stones even an adjustable rig. I do a few pretty large cooks every year and as well at Thanksgiving I can do a turkey and a bunch of other stuff at the same time. The larges are awesome for me.