Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Come I Didn't Think Of This Before

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sometimes my little brain-pea just takes off on its own and every now and then hits on a thought which leads to an idea which leads to trying it out.

So here I am watching pizza dough rise while getting all the bits and pieces of 'stuff' ready to put on top. There must have been 19 or 15 different things I found in the refrigerator and other places.

Every now and then I would eat a few Cheetos and take a swig of Diet Dr Pepper, a good combination if there ever was one.

PRANGGGGGGG!!!!! (That's what it sounds like when my pea runs into a thought)

[Picture eye looking up, chin in hand, lip curled upward in corner, glowing light bulb over head]

I like pizza and I like Cheetos, so why don't I just make a Cheeto Pizza Surpreme, I internally said to myself.

I internally replied, Yea, do it!

Next thing I know is I'm adding a few Cheetos to the already piled high pizza ingredients. I only put them on a small area because Spring Hen might not take kindly to me thinking while cooking.

So off to a waiting Lily Large to get 'er done.

And here's the outcome...

CheetosPizzaSurpreme.jpg

Yes, the Cheetos did take on a different flavor and it wasn't bad. Just not enough Cheetos for my pleasure. I'll definitely come up with a recipe for this pizza and pass it on. Oh wait! Just add Cheetos to your Pizza ingredients. I think you can remember that.

You're welcome.

Spring "Some Things Need Serious Pea Movement" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Now put the Dr Pepper in it :laugh:
    or dip it in the Dr Pepper :blink:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spring Chicken
    That's what I used to wash down the Cheetos Pizza Surpreme. After all, it is the Pepper Picker Upper.

Spring "Picked Up And Peppered" Chicken
  • Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    I think you might have better luck to cook the pizza and then after its done sprinkle cheetos all over it. You'll keep the crunch and the flavor intact.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    I see pork rinds in your future! :silly:

LR
  • Spring Chicken
    You must have a bigger pea than me LOL...

But I'll try anything twice.

Spring "Small Pea, Small Ideas" Chicken
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    check out all the international flavored cheetos pizzas you can make
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheetos
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Cheetos.... Valeria would love that, as for Valeria's father No comments I repect you too much :sick:
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Wow! Never in a million years would I have thought of that.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Spring Chicken
    And I see Tater-Tot Pizza's in your future.

Spring "Tater-Totter" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    WOW! I need to get a 'Cheeto taste-tester' job at Frito-Lay.

Spring "Taste-Tester Sounds Like Work" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    That's because you're too skinny to eat Cheetos LOL

Spring "Oversized Orange Fingered Cheeto Grabber" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Me too, but I started counting before you.

Spring "First Generation Me" Chicken
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    I will show this post to the kids. They will love it. Sounds pretty good to me also. I see this experiment in our near future.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    I wonder if "How Come I Didn't Think Of This Before" is the right question Leroy. From someone that can't eat pizza or Cheeto's I can only wonder what would make you think of it now? Was it due to an alignment of the planets? Maybe it was it due to a shift in the tectonic plates under Texas? Is there unusual sun spot activity today disrupting communication satellites? Were you occupied in the room of porcelain furniture at the time? Disregard that last question, it's more then we need to know! In the past we have heard of the "Dawning of Aquarius" and "the dawning of the industrial age", now we have heard the "Dawning of the Cheeto's Pizza"! Do we dare harbor a guess as to what is going to hatch forth from exulted Pea of Spring Chicken next? love0029.gif

I take a nap when I get ideas like your's . . . it helps! smiley-whacky115.gif  :laugh:

Blair

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    was drinking straight dr pepper.......maybe rum withdrawal :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gator Bait

That might explain a lot! :laugh:

• Spring Chicken
    ...someone that can't eat pizza or Cheeto's .. WOW! That leaves a really big gap in that 'pursuit of happiness' clause in the Declaration of Independence.

There should have been something in the Declaration of Independence about Cheetos.

Of course one should be alive, well and fit to pursue happiness these days, much less catch it, and anything good is not good for you. I've got until May 2017 to pursue and catch all the happiness I can handle. Says so on my drivers license.

Pursuit sometimes leaves me in a state of confusion.

Spring "Frito-Lay Is Trying To Kill Me" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Rum came later.

Spring "Rum-a-dum-dum, Five O'clock Tum" Chicken
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    This whole thing sounds to me like a "senior moment" or, as we call it in the country a "brain f&rt!" :laugh: :laugh:
  • Gator Bait

Fear not Spring, the ADA (Americans with Diabetes Act of 2020) makes provision for those of us that can not pursue happiness through the consumption of carbohydrates! These provisions are poorly defined and hard to interpret at times but are a vast improvement.

My drivers license declares that I have until the same year to pursue happiness but I believe I have a "get out of jail free" coupon to use at that time that will extend my pursuit for a good number of years providing there is no intervention by Congress between now and then. :pinch:

Just remember Grasshopper, if the pursuit of happiness sometimes leaves us in a state of confusion then our goal is just around the next corner . . . or is it the next corner? . . . or maybe the next corner? . . . no, no no, wait! it has to be the next corner! :huh:

Blair 

• Them pain pills have sure cleansed your thought processes :whistle: ......or maybe it was dem lil' green men you been thinkin' 'bout :evil:
  • Spring Chicken
    No pain pills but I do kinda like my sleeping pills.

As for "little green men" they're just a phone call away at BGE Home Office. Or so I've been told.

Spring "Got This Urge To Be On The Other Side Of The Road" Chicken
  • Gator Bait

Hey Kari

Hahahahaha, actually I was able to quit the pain pills the other day for the over the counter stuff so I guess it has to be the little green visitors from Roswell, they play a mean game of cribbage! :cheer:

Blair

• Gator Bait

I'm the guilty party with the pain pills Leroy. I had about 16 teeth surgically extracted on June 29th and got me some of them fancy new store bought teeth. I was petitioning Keri for any help she might have scheduling an Alien abduction the day of my surgery. I figured if she lived close to Roswell she might have connections in very high places! :lol:

I am eager for the day I can fire up the egg and cook up some ribs and enjoy them! ;)

Blair

• Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    lol I think you've created a monster. My wife's jaw nearly dropped to the floor when I mentioned your idea. I think she'd leave me for Chester Cheetah if she could! She loves her some Cheetos like you wouldn't believe. lol
  • Spring Chicken
    Yea, when we Cheeto lovers get a craving we might be able to limit ourselves to just one but it would have to be as long as a wagon track.

Spring "Long Cheetos Are Better" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    If kids are involved then it makes absolutely good sense to try it.

Spring "Still Got Some Kid In Me" Chicken
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I see you are a fan of the CRUNCHY ones.ME TOO.I like the jalapeno flavored CRUNCHY ones too.Puffs just ain't right! :laugh:
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Gotta say - this ranks right up there with something my sweet neices used to actually order whenever they got the chance.....are you ready for this???? Vanilla ice cream and saltine crackers. Gotta wonder sometimes where these cravings come from. :huh:
  • Spring Chicken
    Me too on the puffs. Ain't right. They're so lite they disappear when you breathe on 'em.

I'm a switch-hitter between the jalapeno/cheddar and regular. I can go the hot ones if I have to.

I figure a handfull of 'em don't weigh zip so how much weight can they put on. Must be the polluted water in the ice in my rum 'n cokes causing me to gain weight.

Spring "Got It All Figured Out, Except Some Parts" Chicken