Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burned gasket

Options
Condor
Condor Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I haved used the egg about six times and I've noticed that the gasket is just about burned through. Any advice?

Comments

• crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    leave it and let it turn into a gunky mess....as long as you can hold temps and it isn't peeling off you should be fine....

if it is truely burning check your dome alignment...either air is getting in there, and hence heat, or are you cooking pizzas at the gasket level with the stone reflecting the heat right on the gasket?
  • apollo140140
    Options
    gasket will burn up over time but usually not that quick. I would check your dome alignment.

Take a piece of paper and close the lid on it. Then try to pull it out and you should be able too but with some tension on it. Repeat this around the entire ring and adjust accordingly.
  • NCSU-Q
    NCSU-Q Posts: 104
    Options
    Email/Call BGE Headquarters and tell them; ask that they send you a nomex gasket to replace it.