Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza For The Mongul Hordes (wife's family)

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had a delayed family get-together for Marina Ranger's 14th Birthday (actually July 4th). My first real attempt at multiple pies. Took a lot of advice from resident pizza pro, Darian (PhotoEgg), and raised my stone off of the setter using my homemade (GASP!) galvanized ring from my Mini.

And, yes, I cheated. And, I'll continue to cheat in the future. I used packaged, frozen dough ($1.79 ea.). Let them thaw for 24 hours in the fridge, then set on the cabinet about 2 hours before beginning the cook. Left all of the dough balls sealed in the package until ready to use. Allowed them to rise in the package, and when I removed them there was a rich, yeasty aroma to each. They came out great. I have two more that went back in the fridge that I'll do today.

Good Sunday to all.

Mike

pizzaparty021.jpg

pizzaparty022.jpg

pizzaparty006.jpg

pizzaparty007.jpg

pizzaparty024.jpg

pizzaparty025.jpg

pizzaparty016.jpg

pizzaparty011.jpg

pizzaparty015.jpg

pizzaparty019.jpg