Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT vs. P90X...Bring IT!

dsmith
dsmith Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Whew! Though I am a P90X grad I LOVE to eat!!! I have been waiting for weeks to make my first ABT's which, coincidentally, are also the FIRST ABT's I've ever eaten.

Here are some pix of my ABT's with left over pulled pork and bacon sprinkled with memphis dust...

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

Nobody at the party I went to have ever had an ABT. They were the hit of the party and were the first appetizer to be gone even though we got there 30 minutes late.

In the words of Tony Horton, "Bring It!" (That is...the bacon, peppers, and cheese!)

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Did ya tell them what ABT stands for? :whistle: :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • dsmith
    Absolutely. My 8 and 9 yr old boys loved it. :woohoo:
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    :laugh:
    Good Job,now you will be making many many more so gear up for it. :silly:

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Whenever you ask "what can I bring" in the future, plan on ABT's!
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    Those look great and bet they tasted even better. Your'e hooked now.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Cool! I think.What is P90X. :huh: Please excuse my ignorance. :blush:
  • Brokersmoker
    Brokersmoker Posts: 646
    I am more of a BGE grad, and P90x drop out (and my waist line shows it) :S
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Dude,

Bacon is on sideways. :laugh:
  • dsmith
    It is an exercise program sold via infomercial. I've been working out for about 20 years and it is the most intense workouts I've ever done. The program is great, but it is very hard to do consistently as the 90 day program has you working out every day for 60-90 minutes. I just do a video or two a week now to try to stay in shape at least some.

Eating 4 ABT's, nacho dip, a steak, potatoes, beer, and a couple dacquiris last night I'm sure did not help!
  • dsmith
    Yeah, I tried at first to wrap the bacon around the boat but it became quickly apparent that it was easier to do it lengthwise. I'd seen some photos of the lengthwise wrap so I just went with it. :ermm:
  • did my first ABTs and they were great, had a bunch of people who were afraid of peppers so i had some left over...

to my surprise they were great the next day cold....

If you get a chance get some of Frank from Houma's ideas with shrimp and other things....

these are the best things i have had in years and for me that is a statement....

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder